Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Worried about a website I went on

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Roonerlive

Roonerlive

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:36 PM

I was searching for Black Desert Online guides through google search and I went on a website that I had never seen before it took awhile to load it was just a blank page with text saying Copy Success!

I am worried about my black desert online accounts mainly I've done some research to find out any information about the site and it appears to be a safety equipment company somewhere in the UK their main site leads to one of those survey sites or it tells you your computer has been infected but if you click on their products page listed on google it brings up a list of products, I am so confused as to why a company like this would have a guide about black desert online(obviously a fake guide because it wasn't really a guide there.) I'm wondering if maybe their website has been compromised. I done a system restore back a few days and I've ran several anti viruses and malware checks and found nothing. I am still really dubious though about what Copy Success meant after that website had loaded has it already copied my details? or would it need to install a key logger? if so is it possible to detect those?

Help!

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Roonerlive, 12 December 2017 - 06:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Roonerlive

Roonerlive
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:06 PM

I can post the website if I am allowed to I'm not sure or I can just give the google search if needed. 

#3 Guest_MalcomX_*

Guest_MalcomX_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:24 PM

Hi,

If you have a URL you would like to scan, you can go to https://www.virustotal.com

Select the URL tab.

Paste in the link & it will automatically scan and check the link for you.

Please let us know how you get on with your site or require further help.

If you're not sure of how to do the above, send me a Personal Message with the URL and I'll try to scan it for you.

Best,

MalX

#4 Roonerlive

Roonerlive
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:42 PM

Hi Malcolm Thanks for the response I've done the test it came back clean on everything apart from bitdefender saying it has malware. I've ran multiple malware scans and found nothing though did my system restore get rid of it? Thanks again 

https://www.virustotal.com/#/url/881b456f38c0c97b7d7825479fadd151c173006c1a16392099eddce57e369565/detection

Something fishy is going on though right? Why would a safety equipment company be coming up in a google search showing as a Black Desert Online node guide? It's so confusing. 

Edited by Roonerlive, 12 December 2017 - 08:45 PM.

#5 Unworn_Kilt

Unworn_Kilt

• Members
  • 237 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:44 AM

G'day Roonerlive,

Are you still in need of assistance?

Please advise me if you are and we can investigate your system and see what we find.

I need to advise you that I'm just a normal member like you, I am not a Qualified Malware Removal Expert. If I encounter a problem I'm unable to resolve,

I'll attempt to get you higher level assistance. If anything I suggest concerns you in any way, please contact a Moderator or discuss it with me before Implementing it. I have been working with computers since about 1976.

Will you please outline in as much detail as possible what you've done so far, and, describe your hardware (brief summary: Ram, CPU, etc.) if you're able.  Also your Operating System and whether it's 32 or 64 bit please. Please also attach any logs generated by the software you've run in an attempt to remediate the situation if available.

In the meantime, I'll have a look at the VirusTotal results you posted above.

Cheers,

Kilt  :thumbup2: 

Edited by Unworn_Kilt, 13 December 2017 - 05:46 AM.

PLEASE NOTE

I am only a Standard Member,  NOT a Trained Malware Removal Expert. If you have ANY concerns regarding any advice I may give, please contact a Member of Staff before making changes.

Thanks!

** Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick **

#6 Unworn_Kilt

Unworn_Kilt

• Members
  • 237 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:00 AM

G'day again,

I've just done a little research into your issue.

It appears that someone is hosting a "Black Desert Node" on that company's website in order to generate money.

As I'm not familiar with the game I'm not sure if they're referring to in game cash or real world.

A lot of games can be played on a variety of "nodes" or servers.

In days gone by we used to set-up servers to play Modern Warfare and host games.

I'm not familiar with "Black Desert" beyond what I've found during a quick search on Google.

I'd suggest we have a bit more of a look at your machine. We'll make sure it's as clean as we can get it.

Please supply as much of the requested information as possible and we'll continue.

Thanks,

Kilt   :thumbup2: 

Thanks also to MalcomX for initially answering this topic.

Edited by Unworn_Kilt, 13 December 2017 - 07:01 AM.

PLEASE NOTE

I am only a Standard Member,  NOT a Trained Malware Removal Expert. If you have ANY concerns regarding any advice I may give, please contact a Member of Staff before making changes.

Thanks!

** Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick **

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users