Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard shortcuts

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 pinegum

pinegum

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:58 PM

I'm running w7 sp1 with a microsoft wireless keyboard. The copy command cntrl-C works but the past command cntrl-V doesn't. How do I fix this. I've been requested several times to copy/paste a file resulting from instructions from a tech helper on Sysnative, it simply won't paste. I have to send him an email attachment to get it to him.  If you can solve this, I'd be thank to you!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,509 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:19 PM

use your mouse to copy and paste....right click

#3 pinegum

pinegum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:13 PM

Doesn't solve using my keyboard shortcut. On your method the PASTE option is not available, grayed out

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:26 PM

If the option is not available from the mouse right-click menu, it looks like the clipboard paste function has stopped working, rather than the keyboard shortcut. How have you determined that the ctrl-C has copied to the clipboard?

Unfortunately, there are many possible causes for clipboard malfunction. When did it start happening? The problem can be caused by an operation that was performed or an application that was installed or used at the time the problem arose. (Not so helpful if it's uncertain just how long it has been that way.)

Do you run, or have you run any registry cleaners or system optimizers around the time the problem started? A damaged registry can cause it.

System file corruption is a possibility - you can try running sfc/scannow as Administrator.

Do you run any software that may utilize a shared clipboard - VM or remote assistance software, e.g. logmein?

Do you use Remote Desktop? If so look for RDPCLIP.EXE in Task Manager, stop it and see if anything changes.

Edited by Platypus, 12 December 2017 - 09:35 PM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#5 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,686 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:04 PM

Doesn't solve using my keyboard shortcut. On your method the PASTE option is not available, grayed out

mikey11's request was to use your mouse to copy and paste.

When you mention it doesn't solve using the keyboard shortcut, does it mean you used Ctrl+C keyboard shortcut and then used the mouse right click menu to paste?

If so please do not use either keyboard shortcut, use the mouse right click menu to both copy and paste.

#6 pinegum

pinegum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:41 PM

I don't mix using mouse & keyboard. the keyboard cntrl-V has never worked for me. Guess nobody can fix this, but thanks for the suggestions

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,427 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:48 PM

Does Ctrl + Insert for Copy and Shift + Insert for Paste work?

#8 pinegum

pinegum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:07 PM

It worked on a "test" on notepad........:-)

I'll let you know if it works inserting files to a Sysnative forum page. 

#9 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,686 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:45 PM

I don't mix using mouse & keyboard. the keyboard cntrl-V has never worked for me. Guess nobody can fix this, but thanks for the suggestions

Thank you for that information. Can you try a different keyboard to see if it works?

On the Microsoft wireless keyboard, I imagine its a combination wireless mouse/keyboard combination.

What model is it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users