Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Replace my computer's broken screen

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RRRR99

RRRR99

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:58 AM

Hello.My main computer's screen is broken the computer is a HP Stream 11.Ok so question is where can i buy a brand new screen for my laptop?I want to fix my computers screen not use an external monitor,screen Photo:https://imgur.com/a/4oDfq

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,665 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:24 AM

Numerous suppliers can be found with a Google search, depending on just where you are located. The video below provides some helpful information, of course they hope you will purchase from them, but you don't have to and I don't know them to make any recommendation, it's just useful to see the replacement procedure, and note the advice to remove the broken screen first and confirm the type fitted - if possible obtain the exact equivalent.

Edited by Platypus, 12 December 2017 - 01:25 AM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 843 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 12 December 2017 - 05:47 PM

If you supply the P/N or Product number from the sticker which has the serial number on it, I can post back the HP support page which will have the maintenance manual. In it will be HP's part numbers for the LCD and instructions on how to replace it.
Computer dinosaur, servicing PC's since 1976

#4 Joe C

Joe C

• Members
  • 853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 13 December 2017 - 04:03 PM

This place has a good reputation and all you need to do is to get the numbers off the back side of your broken screen, The web site provides video clips for most laptops. They'll probably have one for yours too

http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/section/search/

(just enter you entire model number)

Edited by Joe C, 13 December 2017 - 04:05 PM.

#5 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 784 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 13 December 2017 - 04:18 PM

those screens are $40 on amazon.  just search for your model number and add the word "LCD" to the model number and you'll get the exact screen you need if available.  I order all my screen this way and have never had an issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users