Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft office

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 JohnWJ

JohnWJ

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:19 PM

Hi there everyone

I have just had my laptop die on me I have office pro plus on it and I'm looking at getting a new one can I transfer the activation code from the old one to the new one?

Thanks Inadvance

John

An Australian Living in the USA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:25 PM

Yes...

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#3 JohnWJ

JohnWJ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:37 PM

Thanks how would go about doing it

John

#4 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:01 PM

What version of Office Pro Plus do you have? 

#5 JohnWJ

JohnWJ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:08 PM

office pro plus 2016

John

#6 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:04 AM

Hi JohnWJ,

Apologies that I did not ask further questions when I made the inquiry about your Office Pro Plus 2016 version. Did you purchase Office directly from Microsoft installing via your online MS account? If yes, go to: https://setup.office.com/?ms.officeurl=setup and follow the prompts.

If no, did you purchase Office as a stand alone via a DVD, via an Internet download, was it licensed for one computer or more, and do you have your product key?

(I am signing off now, any BC member will be available to assist you along the way)

#7 JohnWJ

JohnWJ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:02 AM

It was purchased thru my old job I still have the activation caode

John

#8 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,870 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:15 PM

John,

I have been installing MS-Office 2010 for a number of years now across multiple machines as I have retired one computer and brought its replacement online.

From my experience the first thing I'd try is just trying a normal install process. For a very long time that simply worked for me, repeatedly. This year I finally "hit a wall" where I couldn't activate with the product key but was advised to call a number to activate. That number, of course, is no longer current given we're talking Office 2010 but a search of Microsoft's Office Support site gave me the replacement phone number.

The rep there walked me through activation and gave me another very long code that must now be used in conjunction with my product key, but said that provided I noted it (which I did) the two should keep working indefinitely when used together. My needs as far as Office go are entirely met by Office 2010, so I'll probably keep using it.

I have generally found that the reps who you get for product activation issues when you call Microsoft can get you through the activation/licensing issues in a few short minutes if you end up needing to go that route at all.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

#9 JohnWJ

JohnWJ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:06 PM

Thank you very much

John