Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to Identify SSO_POP Device

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 night5runner

night5runner

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:57 PM

Every couple of days I get a generic windows credential for an SSO_POP Device.  I'd like to know what device it is that keeps getting credentials.  I have disabled WiFi on my router and have no bluetooth connections that I can find.  I do not use any mail or messaging on the PC.  I am signed in with my microsoft account but use a normal sign-in.  Under generic windows credetials, I see my microsoft account, and a virtualapp/didlogical crentials, which make sense I guess.  But randomly I get the SSO_POP Device generic credential added.  I'm wondering if some other device is being used to access my PC.  Any scan suggestions to track down what this device is?  I read several Microsoft forum posts but they don't really help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 night5runner

night5runner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2017 - 04:31 AM

I am able to run Windows Update, and Microsoft Store updates without the SSO_POP Device generic windows credentials being added.  I can also access Gmail without SSO_POP Device credentials being generated.  So I still can't figure out what is triggering this credential and what it's being used for.  Some unknown device is getting credentials from Windows and with Sign On credentials, it probably can do whatever it wants.  I even tried the Weather app and that doesn't trigger it.  How do I identify this Device and is it a security risk?  

#3 night5runner

night5runner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2017 - 04:34 PM

The Edge Browser or any menu based on Edge is creating the credential.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users