Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 10 randomly locks up NO BSOD

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Anora

Anora

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:51 PM

I recently did a hardware upgrade and I leaf the current windows install as is as I had read that windows 10 can do main component swamping and that didn't work out so well, at that point i decided to do a fresh install and put in all the drivers everything seams to work fine until i start gaming and then the system will just lockup randomly and not BSOD at all

did memtest86 and that as cheeked out as 100% ok

system info in link below

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/khJ4Otk7GqmJRMt8x8PEqfy

SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip included in post

Attached Files

Edited by Anora, 11 December 2017 - 07:54 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,952 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:59 PM

Hi,

If the lock-ups just started after an upgrade, then it's fair to conclude that the events are related and not a coincidence. In other words, hardware is probably at fault here, so we will be troubleshooting with that assumption.

What is the make/model/wattage of your PSU? The voltages from Speccy seem concerning:

+3.3V: 3.296 V
CPU CORE: 1.488 V
VIN2: 2.992 V
VIN3: 1.399 V
+5V: 5.718 V
+12V: 13.024 V
VIN6: 2.352 V
VSB3V: 3.248 V
CMOS BATTERY: 3.312 V

As you can see the PSU voltages appear to be off (especially the 12V rail); on the other hand, Speccy sometimes reports on things wrongly. Hence, can you take a screenshot (or copy down) the PSU voltages in the BIOS? I'm wondering if it's related to your FIVE disks, do you really need that MUCH storage (that's 5 TB of storage!)

Also, your CPU is 68°C. Was your system under load at that time?

We'll move on after these initial questions are answered.

Regards,
bwv848

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 Anora

Anora
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:26 PM

i can do that an i final got a BSOD while i was ruining a game Driver_irq_not_less_or_Equal

so must be a driver problem i think, il edit this post whit pics of bios stuff,

as for temp its been running like that for ever due to the location of the pc was forced to move it into a closet witch was converted into a pc desk, I actually do use that much space

psu is a corsiar AX860

end here is the power supply zBIOS info pic

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y0doeyl5y5uhqrc/BIOS%20system%20info.jpg?dl=0

Edited by Anora, 12 December 2017 - 07:29 PM.

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,952 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:52 AM

Whew... voltages look much better. May I ask what you did in your upgrade? I'd try removing all the new parts from the system and see whether if it stabilizes.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#5 Anora

Anora
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:48 PM

not much all i did was swap the manibaord, the cpu and gpu the rest is the same, wondering if the fact its got bad usb 3.1 could be affecting it

the BSOD's don't seem to be consistent now that I em getting them, I have had the trap error to the service one

#6 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,952 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:57 PM

The motherboard? That's a huge change. I suggest you open up the case and ensure there are not loose cables, bent pins, etc. Also try reseating the graphics card. You may have made a small mistake somewhere, and that's the first thing I want to rule out.

While you're at that please begin these hardware diagnostics: www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html Run them ALL please.

Edited by bwv848, 13 December 2017 - 02:25 PM.

#7 Anora

Anora
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:08 AM

did all that every thing cheeked out, reseated video card, decided to get a new HD encase even if that cheeked out as ok, after fresh install i noticed it took nearly half a day before a i crash and then consequently crashes got shorter so I think its something to do whit heat so doing a logging of tempts at this point

#8 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,952 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:58 PM

And this? :)

While you're at that please begin these hardware diagnostics: www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html Run them ALL please.

#9 Anora

Anora
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:17 AM

those cheeked out forgot to take screen shots ~_~, boosting my fan to max solved the problem

Edited by Anora, 18 December 2017 - 08:17 AM.

#10 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,952 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2017 - 11:44 AM

Glad to hear that! BTW, the hardware diagnostics I linked do include monitoring your temps. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users