Let's run a couple of tools and see if there's anything obvious.
Do Not Enclose Reports In Quotes or Delete or Insert Any Characters - No Redaction!
Please Post All Reports in Plain Text. Ensure You Include All Report Headers.
Please Press the Return Key 3 Times Between Reports.
Don't Attach them either.....Pleeeez!
Please make sure you have Backed Up your Files and Save any Work you have Open before proceeding!
You can find Free Back Up Software in the Bleeping Computer "Downloads" Section.
It's unlikely that anything I ask you to do will wipe your data, but better to be safe than sorry.
Some Tools May Close Down Any Open Windows or Programs, Please Be Aware of This!
Remember that there is no such thing as a "Stupid Question." If you encounter ANY problems or difficulties along the way, STOP and Message Me!!
**Read All Notes Under Individual Instructions BEFORE Running the Tools.**
You might find it useful to print these instructions for reference.
Download a copy of a program called RKill (Courtesy of Grinler at Bleeping Computer) which is available at the links below:
(This program attempts to stop any running malware processes so other tools may function efficiently, plus a few other things.)
Save it to your Desktop so you can easily locate it.
(If one won't run, download the other. Malware sometimes recognises RKill.exe and tries to interfere with it.)
RKill.exe <<== Try this first.
RKill as iExplore.exe <<== Try this one if option one doesn't work.
- Right Click RKill and Select "Run As Administrator."
- Soon after a Black Box will appear while RKill Runs. (This is normal. RKill may appear to hang. It's just working.)
- When the RKill has finished it will Open a Report in Notepad.
- RKill will also save a copy of its log to your Desktop called "RKill.log"
- After RKill has run successfully Don't Restart your computer until the other tool(s) have run.
- Please Copy and Paste the contents of the Report into your Next Reply.
- If the RKill will not run in Normal Windows Mode, Restart in Safe Mode and Repeat the above Steps.
Please Ignore any warnings from about RKill containing Viruses or Trojans etc. If necessary, shut down or temporarily disable your Antivirus while RKill runs. Don't forget to Re-enable your Anti-Virus once RKill completes, unless I ask otherwise.
If RKill still won't run, please Post back here and advise me.(After trying both versions and Safe Mode.) Please note any Error messages or other useful information and Include it in your Reply.
Please download Security Check Tool (by screen317) from HERE & save it to your Desktop.
- Right Click SecurityCheck and Select "Run As Administrator."
- Follow the Prompts in the Black Box which opens on your screen.
- When the program is complete a Notepad Document called Checkup.txt should open Automatically in Notepad.
- Please Copy & Paste the Contents of Checkup.txt into your Next Reply.
Please Note the Following:
If you receive an "UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED!," please Restart Windows and Security Check should Run Fine.
Should a problem persist, please Post Back Here and include any Error Messages & Other Useful Information.
Security Check may require you to permit "Dig.exe" to access the internet. Please allow access through your Firewall if necessary.
It is not uncommon for Security Check to generate "false positives" from some Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware Programs. Please Ignore These if They Occur.
Download Farbar Service Scanner onto your Desktop (FSS:) HERE
Please Ensure the following Options are Selected:
- RpcSs and PlugPlay <= (May be greyed out.)
- Internet Services
- Windows Firewall
- System Restore
- Security Center/Action Center
- Windows Update
- Windows Defender
- Other Services
(Please Don't Click the "Search Files" or "Export Service Buttons")
- Click the Scan button to start scanning.
- (FSS may take a short while to complete.)
- When the Scan is Complete, a Report should Pop-Up in Notepad.
- Please Copy and Paste the Contents into your Next Reply.
*(The Tool will create a log file called FSS.txt in the Folder the Tool is Run from.
That log will be saved. If there are any problems with the Pop-Up one, Copy from FSS.txt.)
Download MiniToolBox(By FARBAR) to your Desktop: HERE
Right Click the Blue\Black MiniToolBox Icon and Select "Run as Administrator."
(The Tool will show Version: 17-06-2016 in the title bar.)
Select the following Check-boxes:
- Flush DNS
- Report IE Proxy Settings(Make sure IE is closed first please.)
- Reset IE Proxy Settings
- Report FF Proxy Settings (Make sure Firefox is closed first please.)
- Reset FF Proxy Settings
- List content of Hosts
- List IP configuration
- List Winsock Entries
- List last 10 Event Viewer log
- List Installed Programs
- List Devices (DO NOT change any settings for this - Only "Problems" should be set by Default.)
- List Users, Partitions and Memory size
- List Minidump Files
- List Restore Points
Click the "Go" Button.
- A Report should Pop-Up on your Screen in Notepad after a short wait.
- Please Copy an Paste the Report Contents into your Next Reply.
(If you accidentally "kill" the Notepad Report, all is not lost, it should be saved on your Desktop as MTB.txt)
Greetings of the Season!!
I hope you have a Safe and Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!
Edited by Unworn_Kilt, 19 December 2017 - 11:03 AM.