Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My PC is berserk

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 naxor

naxor

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 11 December 2017 - 03:26 PM

I've got an ASUS desktop I bought 4-5 years ago which I use for gaming. About a couple months ago it started having blue screens every so often, about one every other day. I didn't really give it much thought back then but now it has gone completely berserk. The PC freezes meaning the last image is frozen on the screen but the computer is not responsive, this happens in random intervals while gaming and I don't think it's heating issues because the case is ventilated and the GPU is always cool. Furthermore, the BSOD have also incremented and happen about every hour. Please help me fix my machine! I don't want to have to put it down.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 naxor

naxor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:19 PM

I now suspect it is a malware related issue because I'll get connection interrupted messages constantly when browsing the web regardless of what web I'm connected too. I also suspect the computer is downloading in the background because the network appears to be faster when my PC is off even though task manager says it's not using the network.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 PM

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:42 PM

When you get a BSOD there will be an error indicated, the area where this is located is outlined in red in the image below.  This image may vary from what you are receiving, but the ***STOP: message will always appear as seen below.  Please post this error exactly as seen.

Attached File  bsod.PNG   184.67KB   0 downloads

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 naxor

naxor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:57 PM

When you get a BSOD there will be an error indicated, the area where this is located is outlined in red in the image below.  This image may vary from what you are receiving, but the ***STOP: message will always appear as seen below.  Please post this error exactly as seen.

attachicon.gifbsod.PNG

Thank you dc3 but lately my computer will freeze within minutes of booting so there will rarely be a BSOD message, just a frozen screen and unresponsive PC. I'll post the BSOD message once I get one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users