Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Very Slow PC and Internet

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MBuddy

MBuddy

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 11 December 2017 - 04:23 AM

Hi! I ran into a big problem a few days ago - I was getting a Bit Defender Threat Scanner error window every so often even on shutting down windows. I looked for help in one of the fora with guys who had the same problem. Apparently it is was because I had the free Spybot and the payware Avast antivirus installed together. They suggested that Spybot be uninstalled and that is what I did with the Add/Remove programme of Win 10.

Immediately after uninstalling Spybot, the system became extremely slow - booting, internet - practically everything! I can hardly work with it.

I have a mid-range gaming PC I bought 3 months ago to learn flying using a sim. My PC - Win10 64bit i7-7700 3.6GHz, 3600Mhz, 1 Core Memory 24GB. Can anyone help please? should I go to a restore point before the uninstallation of Spybot? Thanks a million.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:28 AM

Spybot Search & Destroy at one time was a well respected antispyware, but has fallen out of favor through a lack up keep their technology current.  I would suggest running SuperAntiSpyware.

Anytime you makes changes that you are unsure whether you should do this or not you should at least create a new restore point so you can restore any changes made.

Bitdefender is a decent antivirus, but if you haven't purchased this yet I would suggest giving Windows Defender a try.  This is the first full blown antivirus that Windows has included in their operating systems.  It is as good or better that most of their competition.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 MBuddy

MBuddy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 11 December 2017 - 04:57 PM

Thank you very much Sir !

I took your advice and went to a restore point just before I did the uninstallation of SpyBot and it worked - my PC is back to normal ! Up till now Spybot is not conflicting with my Avast Antivirus (fingers crossed). It seems that although it is still installed on the system, it has become corrupted through my previous attempt to uninstall it. I hope it would remain like that :)

Thanks again sir.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:20 AM

See if the link below provides you with the instructions you need to completely uninstall Spybot S&D.

Spybot Search & Destroy Quick Removal Instruction, Step By Step Guide of How to Uninstall Spybot Search & Destroy

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users