Posted 02 October 2006 - 09:02 AM
Here's my generic "Can I safely delete these things?" procedure that I use on my system.
1) I make a folder on my desktop labelled something like "To Be Deleted"
2) I make notes in that folder about the locations of the files (in a text document)
3) I move (not copy) the files to the desktop folder.
4) I set a reminder in my calendar to remind me to check that folder in 2 weeks.
5) Then I continue to work on the system normally.
6) If problems pop up before the 2 weeks is up - I can easily restore the files to their proper location.
7) If there's no problems in 2 weeks, then I delete the files to the Recycle Bin.
8) If there's any errors in the next couple of weeks, the files are still in the Recycle Bin - so I can restore them if I need to.
9) If there's no problems, then the files are removed from the Recycle Bin by normal operations (First In, First Out) over time.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able. - John
(my website: http://www.carrona.org/
)**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack
. ** If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.
<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.