Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox Freezing

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 harpslinger321

harpslinger321

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:23 PM

I have a W7Pro computer, SP1, 4GB RAM, Intel Core i3-2120 CPU, @3.3GHz

Using Firefox 57.0.2

My wife has taken a liking to watching Netflix videos, and often, if she has something to do, pauses the video, leaving Netflix open while she goes about her activities.

If I go online (same computer) when Netflix is paused, I often experience a browser freeze, and have to resort to control-alt-delete to open taskmgr and shut down Firefox. Typically, I'll see 5 processes open and just start forcing them off until they're all gone.

My son tells me he has problems with his laptop when watching Netflix on it, rather than using his tv to access Netflix. Both of us have Samsung smart televisions, which can access Netflix. I haven't tried that yet, but if it works, I'm going that direction.

Any suggestions?

Edited by hamluis, 10 December 2017 - 09:35 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users