Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Crashing and Restarting on its Own

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gibsgoinpro

gibsgoinpro

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:39 PM

I'll be watching videos like on youtube and randomly the computer will go to a blue screen real quick and then restart at the black screen asking if I want to restart normally or in safe mode. When I turn it on, I can get on the internet and everything but after a while it will randomly do this and usually when Im watching videos. 

Is there a checklist you guys could put me through of basic things that could be going bad cause its an old computer I bought brand new over 8 years ago? Could it be some sort of memory cause I have had the computer for a long time? The computer has had glitches happening the past many years. At one point over a year ago it stopped letting me do windows updates. So I went to a restore point where i could still use the internet and just kept it there. So many updates are available that i haven't tried for a long time. And there was a couple other issues I can't really remember. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 15 December 2017 - 09:26 AM

We need more information about your system than what you've provided. Hence, please follow these BSOD posting instructions and attach the requested files by replying to this topic. You may skip the part of step three where it instructs you to create a new topic, since you already have a topic here. There's no need to create another topic. :wink:

Thank you.

Regards,
bwv848

P.S. Even if your computer isn't blue screening, please still do the above.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users