Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Chrome Bookmarks Opinions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: How Many Dislike New Chrome Bookmarks? (1 member(s) have cast votes)

How Many Dislike New Chrome Bookmarks Manger?

1. Like Overall Look (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Dislike Overall Look (1 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

3. Like Folder Spacing (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Dislike Folder Spacing (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Like Folder Color (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Dislike Folder Color (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,857 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:54 AM

Don't like the new Bookmarks Manager myself.  They keep changing things for the worse, I keep complaining but they don't listen LOL.  "This really Grinds My Gears"

Edited by pcpunk, 10 December 2017 - 11:59 AM.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,116 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2017 - 04:10 PM

I liked the prior version better, but I've liked "the prior version" of most user interfaces better before the latest hot thing in UI design, the flat look, took hold.

Google is just a bit late to the party in this particular interface.  I also wish the folder spacing were adjustable to either be the more widely spaced default or more compact, like the former interface looked by default.  There are times when I really want the maximum amount packed into the least screen real estate and other times when the added whitespace is a bonus.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#3 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,857 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2017 - 05:57 PM

I loved it before the last Settings Page Change, where there were headings, and then the contents of the Headings were Indented.  Now it's all a mess, what is the world coming to LOL.

Exactly Brian, I want to see as much as I can in the space available, to a degree, and it be somewhat adjustable with Zoom or Resolution.  Quite a while back they changed the Linux Chrome Folders to this new Blackish in the Bookmarks Manager.  I will need to express myself to them soon.  I don't think the Chrome or Chromium Team actually uses computers, and are just a bunch of graphics designers.  Okay, that's a ridiculous statement LOL, but something is amiss here.  I wonder if it is just easier to make it this way after some other change they made to the format of the browser?...seems plausible.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,116 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:15 PM

I don't see it as anything other than getting on the latest "hot UI design" bandwagon.

The amount of change for change's sake (or to make old functions "new again" [fake novelty]) in IT as a whole, and UI interface design in particular, has been going on ever since I started in the field in the mid-1980s.  

As far as I'm concerned, the best UI visual design under Microsoft was the Aero era (Windows 7).  Everything since has not been an improvement.  Even more so when you work with individuals who have visual impairments (but have residual vision) and where the flat look makes it much, much harder to visually identify controls, buttons in particular.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#5 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,857 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:31 AM

Agree'd Brian!

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#6 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,857 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2017 - 11:24 AM

This new one is slower also!  Every time I click on my Open Bookmark Manager Tab it takes a few seconds to load.  It does the same when I try to do a search...slow! blah  Sometimes things are better left alone.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users