Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Entire home network has been out of commision for several weeks. Feeling hopeles

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Swift44

Swift44

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:44 AM

After several reformats and reinstalls and purchase of a new modem and router my home network has been down for several weeks with what I assume to be some sort of persistent RAT infecting all the computers. I should mention Malwarebytes and Bitdefender are not able to identify any infections. Feeling hopeless at this point and I need all the help I can get. Attaching log file as it was too large to fit in the post.

Attached Files

• Attached File  FRST.txt   224.33KB   7 downloads

Edited by Swift44, 10 December 2017 - 02:46 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Oh My!

Oh My!

Adware and Spyware and Malware.....

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 38,195 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:11 PM

Greetings Swift44

Thank you for your patience.

I have checked your FRST report and there is no evidence of malware on your computer. I think it is best if you start a topic in BleepingComputer's Networking Forum to try to get some specialized assistance.

Let me know if you intend on doing that so I can close the topic right away. Other forums prefer to have all Malware Forum topics closed before offering assistance.
Gary

If I do not reply within 24 hours please send me a Personal Message.

"Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life. We believe, and we know you are the Holy One of God."

#3 Swift44

Swift44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2017 - 05:48 PM

Hi, thank you very much for your help. To be honest I had just reinstalled Windows before running that FRST scan. I'm still not entirely convinced I've rooted out the problem just yet so I'll go ahead and follow your advice over on the networking forum. I'm thinking it may just be a poorly configured router. Thanks again for your time.

#4 Oh My!

Oh My!

• 38,195 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2017 - 06:51 PM

Thanks for replying.
Gary

"Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life. We believe, and we know you are the Holy One of God."

#5 Oh My!

Oh My!

• 38,195 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2017 - 06:51 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.
Gary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users