Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

every screen has part of the screen going off the monitor.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 sidhardtha

sidhardtha

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 09 December 2017 - 11:33 PM

this happens with the browser and windows screens, aka pages.

lenova, I5 PROCESSOR, quad core, 8 GB DDR4, 1 TB HD, INTEL HD 530 GRAPHICS CARD, WINDOWS 10 HOME PREMIUM 64-BIT, FIREFOX 64 BIT, BITDEFENDER TOTAL SECURITY, ZEMANA AND 'EMSISOFT EMERGENCY KIT' SCANNER.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:59 AM

You listed Lenovo, so I'm assuming that this is the manufacturer of this computer?  Please post the model of this computer.

Press the ALT Key and the spacebar together to open the popup menu.

Attached File  windows size menu.PNG   1.72KB   0 downloads

Click on Size in the menu.

Press the right arrow key that points to the window border that is off the screen.  This will place the cursor at the edge of the screen which you won't be able to see since it is off the screen.

Press the left arrow key to resize the window, the edge of the window should move in the direction you’ve chosen.

Press Enter when done resizing.

Edited by dc3, 10 December 2017 - 11:01 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 sidhardtha

sidhardtha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:14 PM

every window and browser is too big. even on the left side. i have lenovo

510S-08ISH Desktop (ideacentre)

Machine Type Model90FN006MUS

thanks for answering my question.

Edited by sidhardtha, 10 December 2017 - 08:15 PM.

lenova, I5 PROCESSOR, quad core, 8 GB DDR4, 1 TB HD, INTEL HD 530 GRAPHICS CARD, WINDOWS 10 HOME PREMIUM 64-BIT, FIREFOX 64 BIT, BITDEFENDER TOTAL SECURITY, ZEMANA AND 'EMSISOFT EMERGENCY KIT' SCANNER.

#4 sidhardtha

sidhardtha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:47 PM

i still have this problem. if any one knows how to fix this, please reply. thanks.

#5 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,471 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:19 PM

You need to be sure that Windows is using the screen resolution that matches your monitor.

I have seen, more than once, where someone has a high-resolution monitor and uses a low-resolution pixel setting and everything ends up having something cut off on the screen.  Also go to Settings->System->Display and make sure that your "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" is at 100%, not higher, and that your resolution is set to match that of your monitor.

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

~ Commenter TheCruyffGurn on the The Guardian website, 8/13/2014

#6 sidhardtha

sidhardtha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2017 - 01:49 AM

You need to be sure that Windows is using the screen resolution that matches your monitor.

I have seen, more than once, where someone has a high-resolution monitor and uses a low-resolution pixel setting and everything ends up having something cut off on the screen.  Also go to Settings->System->Display and make sure that your "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" is at 100%, not higher, and that your resolution is set to match that of your monitor.

i tried this. it did not work and every thing got too small.

thanks for trying.

Edited by sidhardtha, 19 December 2017 - 01:50 AM.

#7 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:06 AM

What monitor are you using?

Top 5 things that never get done:

#8 britechguy

britechguy

• 7,471 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:37 AM

thanks for trying.

Well, that's often the case if one uses a high-resolution monitor.  There are a lot more pixels packed into a lot less space (per square inch) which means that the scaling of things tends to be tiny.

If you consistently want to be able to see everything you pretty much have to match your Windows resolution to your monitor resolution.  If you use a lower resolution what can be seen gets larger, but that means that "the edges of the window" are no longer able to fit on the screen and there is no pan and scan function to allow you to get to them.

You either need to acquire a lower resolution monitor or use something like a screen magnifier or, perhaps, Winareo Tweaker to tweak the sizes on your text and icons so they're large enough to be within your comfort range on your monitor when you're using the resolution settings that must be used so that everything is visible.

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

#9 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 19 December 2017 - 11:21 AM

[removed, not needed, already covered, didn't see it until just now]

Edited by RolandJS, 19 December 2017 - 03:16 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#10 sidhardtha

sidhardtha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:48 PM

What monitor are you using?

i am using a hisense smart hdtv as my monitor.

#11 sidhardtha

sidhardtha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:52 PM

thanks for trying.

Well, that's often the case if one uses a high-resolution monitor.  There are a lot more pixels packed into a lot less space (per square inch) which means that the scaling of things tends to be tiny.

If you consistently want to be able to see everything you pretty much have to match your Windows resolution to your monitor resolution.  If you use a lower resolution what can be seen gets larger, but that means that "the edges of the window" are no longer able to fit on the screen and there is no pan and scan function to allow you to get to them.

You either need to acquire a lower resolution monitor or use something like a screen magnifier or, perhaps, Winareo Tweaker to tweak the sizes on your text and icons so they're large enough to be within your comfort range on your monitor when you're using the resolution settings that must be used so that everything is visible.

my screen resolution advises that i use 1080 pixels. that is what i am using. my hdtv is 1080 pixels ANd 43"

big. i had to make the display bigger, 175% to improve it. it used to be 150%. that is what is recommended. i

am using 'no squint' on my firefox. that adjusts the text and browser size. it only works on the browser. 

Edited by sidhardtha, 19 December 2017 - 03:45 PM.

#12 britechguy

britechguy

• 7,471 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:56 PM

You are misreading something.

The smallest HDTV screens have way more than 1080 pixels in even the short (vertical) direction.

1080p does not mean 1080 pixels.

I was mistaking the old i & p info. My bad.

Edited by britechguy, 19 December 2017 - 04:01 PM.

#13 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,197 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:44 PM

hdtv

Televisions overscan (put part of the picture off the screen so you don't see annoying edge artifacts).

Check the user manual for instructions how to deal with this when using a computer input. Commonly, it may be necessary to use one specific HDMI input, or in a menu, you might have to specify that the input you're using is a PC source. Also, as mentioned already, it might be necessary to run at native resolution, 1920x1080, and if necessary adjust text sizes to, say, 120% if the set is being used in a situation to compensate for low vision or long viewing distance for example.

Because the scaler in a TV is designed for TV program material rather than computer input, they are typically less flexible in handling the computer signals than a dedicated monitor would be.

Edited by Platypus, 19 December 2017 - 04:45 PM.

#14 sidhardtha

sidhardtha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2018 - 02:18 AM

i solved this problem. thank you all for your help.  :-)

#15 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,197 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:03 AM

To assist others who might find this topic, would you mind mentioning what resolved the issue?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users