Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Basic Disaster Supplies Kit From DHS Ready.gov

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:10 PM

Thursday I had to evacuate my home due to a local wildfire (The LilacFire) Fortunately, I am among others that could return to our homes without any incident. Once again I was faced with the last minute decision with what personal possessions I could take with me. The last thing I had on my mind was that I didn’t have any emergency supplies on hand, not knowing how long it’d be away from my house or if it would burn down.

Via our local network news, CalFire directed those potentially impacted by the fire to register their phones, emails and addresses for emergency alerts with AlertSanDiego. We were also encouraged to visit the DHS website Ready.gov to make sure we were prepared with an emergency kit.

I'm sharing this information with you as it’s never too late to be prepared for an emergency.

From Official website of the Department of Homeland Security: https://www.ready.gov/build-a-kit <-snip->

Build a Kit:

Make sure your emergency kit is stocked with the items on the checklist below. Most of the items are inexpensive and easy to find, and any one of them could save your life. Headed to the store? Download a printable version to take with you: (https://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/90354Once you take a look at the basic items, consider what unique needs your family might have, such as supplies for pets, or seniors.

After an emergency, you may need to survive on your own for several days. Being prepared means having your own food, water and other supplies to last for at least 72 hours. A disaster supplies kit is a collection of basic items your household may need in the event of an emergency.

The link for the checklist and complete information: (https://www.ready.gov/build-a-kit)

Be safe my friends.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 r.a.d.

r.a.d.

• Members
  • 707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:45 PM

Lisa, scary situation, Lilac's 20% contained as of this afternoon. Best friends of ours live in Fallbrook (visiting them in a couple weeks), their vehicle's loaded, trailer ready for their two horses, and all is set to evacuate instantly. 

Our thoughts and prayers to them and am happy you and your home is intact. 
Bleepin' desert rat retiree in climes yet to fry brains (knock on cactus).

Past climes/best friend:  photo-91.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users