Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Common are Laptops Only Compatible with Low Volt RAM?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 F-1DeskLamp

F-1DeskLamp

• Members
  • 292 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 09 December 2017 - 05:11 PM

I am of the belief that some laptops will only accept Low Volt RAM.  Is that true, and how widespread is this in the industry?  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,013 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 09 December 2017 - 05:31 PM

See Here - http://forums.crucial.com/t5/Crucial-memory-for-PC-systems/1-35v-1-5v-Dual-Voltage-DDR3-memory/ta-p/71731

And - https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Technology-Primer-Low-Voltage-RAM-150/

#3 F-1DeskLamp

F-1DeskLamp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 292 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 09 December 2017 - 05:41 PM

"Purchase whichever of memory your system supports, but keep in mind the dual-voltage module will run only run at 1.35V if your specific system supports that voltage, otherwise the memory will run at 1.5V."

So in other words if the device is made to use the low voltage, then it can only use low voltage RAM.  Is that right?

Does anyone have any personal experience on this factor?  

What I want to be true is that all of the devices can use any voltage of RAM.  It will be easier for me I think.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users