Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I think my pc is infected

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Angel White

Angel White

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:50 PM

HP Pavilion pc desktop
Windows 10 OS (up to date)
Chrome browser(up to date)
Avast avp
Malwarebytes

Hi. I was wondering if you could help me, I just recently started getting pop up alerts from my Avast saying 'a threat has been detected -- We've safely aborted connection on local.avast.com because it was infected with JS.Cryptonight [Troj]'. It says the file path is  "c:\Program Files(x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"

It prompts me to run a scan but says i am clean. This message has been a constant thing since yesterday.  i have been getting constant messages whenever i am online, along with a whole different pop up from Malwarebytes, blocking a website called "ws028.coinhive.com" . each time this comes up, contains different ip and port numbers. This is constant while on any website.. i am unable to go to anything, or read or watch any video/netflix. It plays but the pop ups are intrusive.

I ran some scans and didnt find any issues. Cant find anythink in the add/remove that look strange or that i dont recognize. 

scans:
avast
malwarebytes
Zemana
Hitman

The last 2 were a suggestion when i searched online how to remove 'coinhive' malware.

so far i ran window updates, reset chrome, tried adding these items to white list...i dont know what else to do.  I just had windows 10 installed on this pc about 6 months ago, not sure if i should set it back to that or what...

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Hi again, so i figured out it wasnt a virus but somehow a miner attached to my browser. so i uninstalled chrome and reinstalled it. so far, no popups or virus alerts. Hopefully no damage came to my pc, i havent sen any symptoms as of yet.

You can please move this to the right place or just delete it. No need for assistance. Regards, Angel

Edited by Angel White, 09 December 2017 - 07:51 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,199 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:16 PM

Thank you!.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users