Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tech Q: How Would You Find All Compatible Used Laptop Batteries?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 F-1DeskLamp

F-1DeskLamp

• Members
  • 307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 09 December 2017 - 02:09 PM

I was at a place yesterday, and I saw the laptop batteries.  I was going to try to get one for a laptop I have that has no battery, and then I started thinking.  I wouldn't know which ones will and won't fit.  There could be different brands and models in there that fit, but I wouldn't actually know how many of them will fit unless I see some kind of table with all of the compatables listed on it or something. 

How do you suggest I go used laptop battery hunting?  

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 iMacg3

iMacg3

Bleepin' 68000

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:21 PM

I would recommend that you get the model of your laptop and do a search for the battery on Amazon, eBay, or newegg. They have a large selection of laptop batteries, and I'm sure that you'll find your model there.
Regards, iMacg3

"Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

#3 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 790 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:14 PM

don't buy generic replacements, they don't work as good on certain laptops that actually have communications with the battery like dell and other manufactures.  no all use this feature but it is becoming more common.  and generic's don't include this.  but if your technically inclined you can swap battery cells (takes some soldering skills) in your old battery with new ones and repair it yourself.  if not then purchase OEM batteries.

#4 F-1DeskLamp

F-1DeskLamp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 307 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:50 PM

...and the war against the repair and refurbish markets continues. 

Edited by hamluis, 11 December 2017 - 03:01 PM.

#5 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,656 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 11 December 2017 - 03:43 PM

Know the make/model of your computer.

Use the part number & other information printed on your battery: I've seen some used computers that didn't have the correct battery though.

--- So double check the battery compartment as that should have the exact battery information for the computer in use.

One on-line company I deal with is laptopbatteryexpress

https://www.laptopbatteryexpress.com/should-i-buy-a-used-laptop-battery-s/41952.htm 

They state Should I buy a used Laptop Battery? All our laptop batteries are brand new, hand-tested and shipped from the USA. We use only the highest quality lithium-ion cells and components. We're so confident that we back each product with a 2 year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.

--- The 3 sources already mentioned are fine too as I have dealt with them also.

Naturally the cost difference of used batteries might be significant but I don't ever check for used or refurbished batteries so I don't know what the differences are.

On the place you were at, if they are a reliable company and have quality batteries, consider bringing your laptop and battery you want to replace. If the price is decent compared to what you see on-line, try the battery recommended by that company right away

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users