Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Asus ROG PG27AQ Black 27 - Screen Rez

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cyran

Cyran

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 09 December 2017 - 12:10 PM

Hey all, I have two 

Asus ROG PG27AQ Black 27

I am currently working with a EVGA GTX 970 GPU that I'm trying to work out. Wanted to see if I could get my monitors to support 144Hz and have a screen resolution of 2715 x 1527,

I can adjust the screen resolution to that size but when I do, none of the games that I try to play or movies that I try to watch will fit properly on the display. What can i do to fix this?

Do I need larger monitors? Or do I need to get a better GPU like a GTX 1080?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,671 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:46 AM

if I could get my monitors to support 144Hz and have a screen resolution of 2715 x 1527,

First, do your homework: check the specs on your monitor to see what max resolutions it will support. That will tell you all you need to know as far as your monitor goes.

Next, check the specs on your card; will it go that high?

IF both will support that Hz and resolution (doubtful that they will) then you have a config problem or a hardware problem and take it from there.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#3 RecursiveNerd

RecursiveNerd

• Malware Study Hall Junior
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:24 AM

Considering your monitor only supports refresh rates up to 60Hz (4K over DisplayPort), you're not going to be able to push it past that limit. Even if you try scaling the display down, it still will not support any refresh rates higher than 60Hz. Likewise, that screen resolution you're trying to set is not a standard resolution, which is why your movies and games don't fill the entire screen.

Keep your monitor at 4K, or if you want to scale down, do so at standard resolutions (1920x1080, 2560x1440, etc)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users