Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is graphic card mandatory to run android emulators like nox, memu etc?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mahender22

Mahender22

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:43 AM

Hello everyone
I'm running 32-bit windows-7 pc without any graphic card.Recently I installed nox app player in my pc.. For the first time it said 'msvcr100.dll missing' then I downloaded that file placed it c:/windows/system32 and reinstalled it.. Everything went well but after installation it shows black screen(normally it should have apps loaded like playstore)
Later I installed memu emulator.. Even this installed well but at last shows black screen. So is it because I don't have a graphic card?
Please help me by replying.. this is my first post and I want an android emulator which can create 'multiple android instances'
Any help would be appreciated and I can't afford to buy a graphic card.
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:08 AM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

If you don't have a dedicated graphics card you must have integrated graphics on the motherboard.  You would have to have one or the other.

I would suggest doing s System Restore to a date prior to the changes you made.  If the problem still persists you should look in the Device Manager to see if there are any yellow warning icons or red error icons.  If there are this would indicate a problem with a driver.  Uninstall the driver and then restart the computer.  Windows will install a new driver when the computer is restarted.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 09 December 2017 - 12:02 PM

Hi,

Downloading a file msvcr100.dll from the net and put it on the system like you did is a very bad idea because some websites providing those files can include malware and also because this file belongs to a Microsoft runtime library that means it needs other files and they should be registered correctly on the system, by copy the file the installation isn't correctly done!

You should remove that file and install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) and also this Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update (download vcredist_x86.exe)

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users