Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Access A Website

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 joebeaven

joebeaven

• Members
  • 422 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 09 December 2017 - 05:40 AM

Hi,

I have a PC with Windows 10. There's a particular website I'm trying to access, but I always get this error:

"Your Internet access is blocked

Firewall or antivirus software may have blocked the connection.
Try:
Checking the connection
Checking firewall and antivirus configurations
ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED
HIDE DETAILS
Check your Internet connection
Check any cables and reboot any routers, modems, or other network devices you may be using.
Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings.
If it is already listed as a program allowed to access the network, try removing it from the list and adding it again."

I get a similar message with all browsers. The website works fine on my Dad's computer which is on the same home network. I was using a different antivirus program and firewall to him, so I changed them to being the same, but that didn't make any difference. I can't think what else to try. Please can someone advise how to get the website to work on my computer?

Thank you,
Joe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,452 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 09 December 2017 - 04:02 PM

If you are using Windows Firewall reset it. Open an elevated command prompt and type:

netsh advfirewall reset

Check your HOSTS file to make sure that site is not blocked.

Use OpenDNS servers. Flush your DNS cache after changing to OpenDNS. It shouldn't make a difference if your on the same network as your dad but give it a try. You can always set it back to automatic.

#3 joebeaven

joebeaven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 422 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:13 AM

Thank you, JohnC_21. Resetting Windows Firewall fixed the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users