We will need to run the fix in the Recovery Environment.
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool
and save it to a flash drive.Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
Please also download the attached file and save it in the same location the FRST64
is saved in the flash drive.
Insert the USB drive in the infected computer.
Boot to the Recovery Console's Command prompt.
Entry points into the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE).
You can access WinRE features through the Boot Options menu, which can be launched from Windows in a few different ways:
- Option 1: From the login screen, click Shutdown, then hold down the Shift key while selecting Restart.
- Option 2: In Windows 10, select Start > Settings > Update & security > Recovery > under Advanced Startup, click Restart now.
- Option 3: Boot to recovery media.
- Option 4: Use a hardware recovery button (or button combination) configured by the OEM (Computer Manufacturer).
After any of these actions is performed, all user sessions are signed off and the Boot Options menu is displayed. The PC will restart into the WinRE and the selected feature is launched.
On the boot options, select Troubleshooting
> Advanced Options
> Command prompt.Once in the Command Prompt:
- In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
- The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
- Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
- In the command window type e:\frst (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter
Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
- The tool will start to run.
- When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
- Press the Fix button.
- It will make a log (Fixlog.txt) in the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.