Hello! I've tried to research all over the internet to solve my problem for an entire week, but I failed to fix it.
Here's the problem: My laptop screen freezes every time I move my mouse.
I am a digital artist/animator, and I must be very precise in my art. However, with my computer pausing every other second, it makes my line work jagged and uneven. When I do a long stroke, and my computer freezes, my mouse skips from one place to another, causing a weird straight line.
This happens when I move my mouse. When I draw, I use a Wacom Intuos Pen Tablet.
However, this doesn't only occur when I draw. It occurs when I do normal things, such as surfing the web and looking through social media, but only when I move my mouse.
I use my laptop's mouse pad to navigate, and experimented by also trying a USB mouse. It still pauses every other second with the USB mouse. Also with my pen tablet. Since they all serve the same purpose; to navigate around the computer, they all act the same way.
My computer details:
Dell - Inspiron 3541, bought in the early autumn of 2015. Windows 10.
Here are many things I've already done but failed:
- I tried to use different types of navigation: my laptop mouse pad, a USB mouse, and an intuos pen tablet. They all equally caused the computer to freeze every other second when I use them. | This means that the type of mouse I'm using isn't the problem.
- I removed many unnecessary applications, photos, videos, etc. They all amounted to around 6 GB, but it did not do anything to ease the problem. My computer still has "338 GB free of 455 GB" according to the OS (C:) thing. | This concludes that computer space is not the problem.
- I performed an anti-virus check on my computer (using a free AVG application), and it is free of viruses. It is very easy for me to remove virus-causing things, so there is definitely no viruses.
- After all of these, I reset my computer. Although I allowed it to keep my files (I still have many animation/art projects to complete), it removed all of the applications, and made my computer start afresh.
This reset, however, did nothing to fix my problem. My computer still froze every other second for a second whenever I moved my mouse.
- I troubleshoot my computer on the Dell website, taking a Diagnostic test.
I passed every test, and it said that there are no errors detected.
- I checked if my drivers are up-to-date, and yes. they are up-to-date.
- Yes, my computer is up-to-date. The time that I saw this problem was a few hours BEFORE I updated to the most recent update. I updated, and the problem is still evident.
- I have no warrant for my computer, especially since it was from 2015, so I can't really send in my computer.
Extra information: If i played games, such as ROBLOX or a Steam game, my computer works perfectly. It does NOT pause at all, and is smooth, even if I move my mouse a lot. If I were to move my mouse from the game screen to the Taskbar and moved my mouse around in that area, my computer freezes; in other words, my computer freezes whenever I move my mouse, but NOT when I play games.
This is interesting, and I am unsure why this is.
I am desperate to solve this problem, because I need to complete my animation as soon as possible.
If you have any tips or suggestions, or even know why this problem occurs or how to fix it, I would sincerely appreciate your thoughts!
Thank you so much!