Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Very Strange and Random "No Signal" Boots

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MurderOne

MurderOne

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:39 PM

Hey Everyone I just happened on this site...hope I can be of service and hope someone can help me PLZ! I have a real strange problem with my PC! Ill try and be as brief and descriptive as possible! So this PC was built(Brand NEW) in March and on day 1 had zero issues...all of a sudden one day I powered on my PC and got no signal, so I just rebooted and all was well! Well it wasnt...see this problem happens randomly and some days my PC will boot first try, and others it can take 50 tries! It passes all stress tests, and all hardware performs up to spec otherwise and game on it for hours without any problems, and temps are amazing!! So heres the strange part, on SOME boots Ill get no signal and HEAR Windows boot up in the background via speakers! Others Ill get just no signal and the VGA led will stay lit on the motherboard! AAANNNd.....others Ill get no signal and the VGA led will stay lit and a minute or two later it will either boot normally or still have no signal with windows booting in the background! It gets stranger...resetting the CMOS or using the jumper corrects this every time...until the next time. Yep, I could be on the 100th try and ill pull the CMOS and it will boot every time on the first try! I go into uefi/bios and set to default(even though it is already) and Im on Windows seconds later! So an instant bandaid fix is uefi/bios reset! Now on to what Ive tried and what Ive canceled out! Its not my GPU as I put mine in another PC and booted the thing for a half hour straight and all was good! Just for bleeps and giggles I tried another PC same result...booted fine! I moved my GPU to the other PCIE slot and no go! Changed monitors, cables and went to HDMI and back to VGA! Still happened! Something keeps pointing me to some BIOS setting Im overlooking...I dunno why tho but I think somethings amiss! Ive also flashed and reflashed current and non-current bios for my board, flashed the updated bios for my GPU, Disabled secure boot and set everything to legacy as Im on Windows 7...I thought maybe it was something loose..so obviously disconnected/reseated/reconnected everything! Pulled HDD and just tried with SDD, tried with no SSD/HDD.....still happened! Im literally pulling my hair out! It literally booted just fine for 2 days and the past 3 its the no signal shuffle! lol...My last thing to try is swapping the PSU and RAM out...which Ill have access to tomorrow! Everything's under warranty and I don't want to RMA the WRONG piece of hardware if applicable unless someone here has a fix! Ive posted everywhere from Tom's to EVGA to ROG and NOBODY has an answer or Ill get no response! Im stumped!! Specs below!

Specs:

CPU-FX8350 blk Edition

RAM-2x8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133

GPU-ROG Strix Rx 480 8gb OC Edition

MOBO-ASUS 970 Pro Gaming Aura

PSU-EVGA Supernova 750w G3

SSD-Scandisk Ultra II 240gb

HDD-Seagate Barracuda 1tb 7200rpm

CPU Cooler-Corsair H100i V2

Case-NZXT H440

Edited by MurderOne, 08 December 2017 - 11:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:49 AM

if your seeing no signal then you need to make sure your video cable is seated fully at both ends.  no signal message is generated from the monitor itself, not the computer.

#3 MurderOne

MurderOne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 01:30 PM

Clearly stated that I used different monitors and cables, HDMI and VGA...all equipment works on other systems as it should...the no signal indeed comes from the monitor, it is because the monitor is not recieving a signal from the PC itself...If the monitor itself is faulty it can give no signal, if it is not, it then is the PC! Thus the reason for trying another monitor and my TV and different cables to cancel out my monitor! Just sayin!😁

#4 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:10 PM

I've repaired bad solder connection on the PC Motherboard, matter of fact right now I have an HP proliant NAS Server if I tap the cable with my finger at the motherboard connection the monitor will come on.

#5 MurderOne

MurderOne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:19 PM

Im on AMD so output is thru GPU only and tried it in 2 diff PCs ...and those machines booted fine...im still thinking its a PSU or MOBO issue..I just dont want to RMA good hardware...just need to identify which one it is! Whats strange is I just this weekend found 2 people in forums who have the same board, EVGA PSUs and Corsair Vengeance RAM, different GPUs and have the same exact issue!I dont think thats coincidence. Still unresolved on their end on their end as well!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users