Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Number pad not responding

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OldSalt48

OldSalt48

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:57 PM

I have  Toshiba Satellite Laptop with Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1703 (build 15063.726)  Boot Mode: UEFI with successful Secure Boot  2.00 gigahertz AMD A8-6410 APU with Radeon R5 Graphics          256-kilobyte primary memory cache

2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (4 total)
Not hyper-threaded 

HID Keyboard Device

Standard PS/2 Keyboard

My problem is with the number pad on the keyboard. For some reason, it is not working. I have gone to regedit to check the setting there which was set at 2, (turn numlock on at boot). The lock is on but it is not working, nothing from the pad only from the upper keyboard. When I first boot the num pad seems to work when I enter my PIN to boot but nothing after that. I have tried Sys Restore but no help. Any ideas as to what or where the problem might be? I'm at a loss :( Thanks!                   

System Model TOSHIBA Satellite C75D-B PSCLEU-065073
System Serial Number: 8F018077U

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,098 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:50 PM

As a first step try uninstalling the keyboard drivers through 'Device Manager'.

I think you can still get to the device manager by clicking the 'Win Key +X'. If this still works you will see it listed in the pop-up menu, if it doesn't you will have to find your way to it either thoiugh Search/Cortana or through the 'Control panel'.

When you get there, expand the entry against 'Keyboards', double click on it and you will get to the 'Properties' panel. Click on the 'Drivers' tab then select 'Uninstall drivers' and uninstall them. You will then need to do a full shut down and re-boot, the drivers will re-install on re-booting.

If this doesn't work then probably it is a problem with the keyboard itself which it may only be possible to fix by replacing the keyboard.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 OldSalt48

OldSalt48
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:47 PM

Did as you suggested, same as before. When I log in with my PIN # from the num pad it works, but not after. ???? The num lock key, the / key, the - key and the+ key all work on the number pad, it is only the numbers that do not respond in text, or anywhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users