Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firewall warning

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pcblues

pcblues

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:56 PM

Hello ,

This is a Win 8.1 , 64 bit laptop with pretty good security ,  but yesterday for the first time ever I've had a Windows Firewall warning about a program ( Paltalk Messenger)  I use every day mostly to play/listen to music .

The warning came just as I logged out of  Paltalk..

In my surprise I accidentally closed the notice before I could copy it.. and couldn't figure how to access it again to get details , but when running CCleaner I did a check on the registry and it showed the these entries below.

Any clue what they mean  & what might've triggered the warning , should I follow it up, try to locate the actual warning , change rules or get additional programs  ?

I have ran several scans  etc , all come up clean and I don't see any obvious signs of possible hacking & everything running OK .

I would appreciate some help to figure this out !!

Thanks in advance !!

Cheers :)

Invalid firewall rule    MCX-McrMgr-Out-TCP - %SystemRoot%\ehome\mcrmgr.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules
Invalid firewall rule    MCX-Prov-Out-TCP - %SystemRoot%\ehome\mcx2prov.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules
Invalid firewall rule    MCX-Out-UDP - %SystemRoot%\ehome\ehshell.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules
Invalid firewall rule    MCX-In-UDP - %SystemRoot%\ehome\ehshell.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules
Invalid firewall rule    MCX-Out-TCP - %SystemRoot%\ehome\ehshell.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules
Invalid firewall rule    MCX-In-TCP - %SystemRoot%\ehome\ehshell.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules
Invalid firewall rule    NetPres-Out-TCP - %SystemRoot%\system32\netproj.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules
Invalid firewall rule    NetPres-In-TCP - %SystemRoot%\system32\netproj.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules
Invalid firewall rule    NetPres-WSD-Out-UDP - %SystemRoot%\system32\netproj.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules
Invalid firewall rule    NetPres-WSD-In-UDP - %SystemRoot%\system32\netproj.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules
Invalid firewall rule    NetPres-Out-TCP-NoScope - %SystemRoot%\system32\netproj.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules
Invalid firewall rule    NetPres-In-TCP-NoScope - %SystemRoot%\system32\netproj.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules
Invalid firewall rule    Collab-P2PHost-WSD-Out-UDP - %SystemRoot%\system32\p2phost.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules
Invalid firewall rule    Collab-P2PHost-WSD-In-UDP - %SystemRoot%\system32\p2phost.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules
Invalid firewall rule    Collab-P2PHost-Out-TCP - %SystemRoot%\system32\p2phost.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules
Invalid firewall rule    Collab-P2PHost-In-TCP - %SystemRoot%\system32\p2phost.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,643 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 AM

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:48 AM

I wouldn't worry about it. On rare occasion I have similar pop-ups. Sounds like a false positive. If you have been using this program for a long time with no problems, and various AV scans have come up with nothing, and this is a one time occurrence, it sounds like a glitch.

If you start getting repeated warnings from your firewall or AV, then look in to it further.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#3 pcblues

pcblues
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:42 PM

Hi :)

Thanks for the response.. yeah maybe I shouldn't worry , but I always try to find out the reason for warnings

so I can adjust and avoid bad stuff  and try to be sure thing's are working OK !

Keeping fingers crossed ! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users