Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

USB Recovery software

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 alfredopacino

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:57 PM

Hello, an usb of mine is broken. It showed few random file like that:

After I run chkdsk (command line) it only shows 2 folders "FOUND.000", "FOUND.001".

Here my attempts with some recovery software:

• "Recuva" finds few files but no folder structure
  • "EaseUS data recovery": it finds a lot of files and even folders, too bad all the recovered file are broken (still running now).

There is a known software you can tell me to try this desperate recovery? I would recovery files and directory tree if possible

Edited by alfredopacino, 07 December 2017 - 07:42 PM.
Moved from External Hardware to Backup, Imaging, Disk Mgmt - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,078 posts
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:37 AM

Running chkdsk on a file system that is severely corrupted can make recovery of files worse. If you look in your found.000 and found.111 folders you may find many files with a .chk extension. It may be possible to recover something with one of the following software. Your image showing gibberish on all your files suggests the file system is broken.

I think your chance of recovering anything off this USB is very small. There are professional recovery services but they are very expensive. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users