Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

E1 and it is aggregated bandwidth 2.048 Mbps ,,,how is it calculated ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 zillah

zillah

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:37 PM

Dear folks

E1 that my sources of information all seem to concur on is that E1 can provide up to 2.048Mbps.

E1 has 32 time slots if all of them are used to carry data or voice then it makes since 32 TS x 64 kbps = 2.048 Mbps

But of course TS0 is reserved not to carry data or voice as TS0 is allocated entirely to frame alignment signal pattern, a remote alarm indication bit,,,,,etc.

TS16 reserved for CAS/CCS signalling in a voice environment, not in a data environment

Means we will end up 30 B channels of bandwidth for voice and 31 B channels for data ,,,,,,,,right ?

(Voice environment) TS0 and TS16 not to be used means we end up with  30 B channels x 64 kbps = can only achieve 1920 kbps. Say we add the 64 kbps D channel to that then still we miss our target and we only achieve 1984 kbps.

(Data environment) TS0 not to be used means we end up with 31 B channels x 64 = can only achieve 1984 kbps.

Thx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Replicator

Replicator

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:51 PM

Hi zillah, so what are you actually asking from us here? Or do you just want confirmation on your theory?

Remember, bandwidth should not be confused with 'throughput', which refers to speed!  :thumbup2:

Edited by Replicator, 12 December 2017 - 11:59 PM.

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear!
CEH, CISSP @ WhiteHat Computers Pty Ltd

#3 zillah

zillah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2017 - 04:20 AM

Thanks ReplicatoI am asking why all resources says E1 = 2.048 Mbps ? How did they calculate this number ?

#4 Replicator

Replicator

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 13 December 2017 - 04:39 AM

This is your bandwidth allocation on T carrier.

30 64Kbps channels + 2 64Kbps D, the same as European T1

T1 is the standard (baseline) speed on which all other connections are measured

T1, DS-1    1.544 Mbps     1:26:21     Baseline

You are actually above baseline with E1 @ 2.048 Mbps

Hope this helps! 

Edited by Replicator, 13 December 2017 - 04:42 AM.

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear!
CEH, CISSP @ WhiteHat Computers Pty Ltd

#5 zillah

zillah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2017 - 04:56 AM

Thanks for sharing

First I have to admit that I got messed between E1 Time slots and ISDN B and D channels,,,,as the later (i.e ISDN) is not our thread subject ,,,,,,my apology for that

E1 supposed to have 32 times slots

But of course TS0 is reserved not to carry data or voice as TS0 is allocated entirely to frame alignment signal pattern, a remote alarm indication bit,,,,,etc.

TS16 reserved for CAS/CCS signalling in a voice environment, not in a data environment

Means I believe you can't do 32  x 64 =2.048 as T0  won't carry any data while T16 carry data in data environment bit not in voice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users