Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bios doesnt detect system hdd

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 michellevanwyk

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:39 AM

i tried to fix my usb port and unplugged the wrong cables. instead i unplugged the control cables and struggled to get the power sw cable into the right spikes on the motherboard as the ports are not labled on the board.i got it right and needed to get the rest in and so i stupidly switched my pc on and off to the led lights working. after i sucessfully plugged everthing in i booted and got an error report that i need to restart and boot into media file. bios doesnt detect my sytems hdd. the fisk is running and spinning with no funny sounds. did i mess my hard drive up?? what is happening?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PhillPower2

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:06 PM

Hello michellevanwyk,

Can you post the brand and model name and number of the motherboard for us so we can do some research.

The HDD spinning only means that the drive is getting power and not that data is being read from it, possible reasons include: the data cable is not correctly connected or is bad and some MBs will not boot from certain ports on the MB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users