Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help For Ms Frontpage 5.0

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mike the Writer

Mike the Writer

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 25 September 2006 - 05:19 PM

As you can see from the topic description, I really need help. See, I own a story site, where I feature stories of my own and stories by other writers. I use MS FrontPage 5.0. I am having trouble creating an interactive story page for the site. I tried using the "comment" template but I could not even get that to work properly.

Please help me guys, I'm kinda desperate. And when you help, please be as descriptive as possible... you know, FrontPage for Dummies :thumbsup: :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 26 September 2006 - 03:01 AM

How do you mean "interactive"? Do want users to be able to upload stories they wrote? Is it a "choose your own adventure" kind of thing where users control the story by making selections from a form field? Something altogether different?

#3 Mike the Writer

Mike the Writer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2006 - 05:08 AM

Well, what I mean is they can read the story, and then can add the next part of the story if they want to. It will keep adding up on the page until it is finished or I decide the story is long enough. Do you know what I mean??

Someone reads the story, likes it, and decides he/she would like to write the next part. They type it in a text box and press "Submit Story" and it appears next.

#4 Mike the Writer

Mike the Writer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2006 - 08:38 PM

Is there anyone that can help me??

#5 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:24 PM

I don't think that Frontpage can do that. You'll need some server side scripts like CGI.

Look here for a basic free CGI script which will allow you to do what you want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users