Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi there. Finished my PC Build, unfortunatey i get Errorcode: 0xc0000001

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Inkaron

Inkaron

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:04 AM

First: I'm an amateur on PC Stuff...
I'm using the same SSD out of my old PC, so there is my OS and other stuff. When the PC starts it says there is an Error, after trying several times it asks me to do a Recovery via. Win10- CD or USB Stick. Is it necessary or am i able to solve the problem another way?

Is it possible that the boot order isn't right?
Is there something else i should check?
Should i setup my old PC, take my OS on a portable SSD or any USB stick and plug it in via. USB while it starts booting?

If i change the Boot Order that my SSD runs first it does not work at all..

Thank you for your advice

PC Specs:
1 x Arctic Freezer 13 (13cm)
1 x HyperX Fury (2x, 8GB, DDR4-2133, DIMM 288) (5724752)
1 x Intel Core i7 7700K BOX (LGA 1151, 4.20GHz, Unlocked) (6031305)
1 x MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon (LGA 1151, Intel Z270, ATX) (6083416)
1 x MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Gaming 8G (8GB, High End) (6887809)
1 x Samsung 850 Pro (256GB, 2.5")
1 x 1000GB HDD

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:54 AM

You will need to format your SSD and install Windows fresh. Download an ISO image of Windows and create a new installation media, this fix that error and give you a clean installation of Windows.

Edit: One more question. Did you buy a new license for Windows for your new machine or how are you going to handle the legal aspect of what you are trying to do?

Edited by Rocky Bennett, 07 December 2017 - 06:56 AM.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 Inkaron

Inkaron
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:36 AM

You will need to format your SSD and install Windows fresh. Download an ISO image of Windows and create a new installation media, this fix that error and give you a clean installation of Windows.

Edit: One more question. Did you buy a new license for Windows for your new machine or how are you going to handle the legal aspect of what you are trying to do?

Thank you, i'll try that.

No i haven't, can't i use my existing license from my old PC for the new one? Windows 10 was Preinstalled on my old PC.

Thank you

Edited by Inkaron, 07 December 2017 - 07:37 AM.

#4 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:22 AM

Thank you, i'll try that.

No i haven't, can't i use my existing license from my old PC for the new one? Windows 10 was Preinstalled on my old PC.

Thank you

I would say that if it came "pre-installed" then technically and legally you can not. You could call Microsoft and see if they will grant you a waiver but generally speaking an individual is NOT allowed to transfer a Windows OS that came pre-installed.

This will give you some guidance;

https://www.howtogeek.com/261053/when-can-you-move-a-windows-license-to-a-new-pc/

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Tree Hugger

• Members
  • 29,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:49 AM

One of the problems you are experiencing is the fact that the operating system on the ssd is set to run on the original computer.  One of the last aspect of a Windows installation occurs when you get the message Windows is setting the operating system for its first start.  During this stage the operating system is setting up the needed drivers for the computer to be able to boot into the operating system.  When you took the ssd out of the old computer and installed it in the new build it tried to use the drivers intended for the other computer and could not start.  I have seen this happen with bad results, the operating system can become damaged and required to be reinstalled.  As a future reference you can use the sysprep.

If you run sysprep on the HHD/SSD with Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 before using it with another motherboard you should be be able to boot from it without any complications.

Press the windows key OS4o0pO.png and the X key to open the Windows Mobility Center menu.

Select Command Prompt (Admin.) from the menu.  This will open the Command Prompt.

Copy and paste sysprep /generalize /oobe /shutdown in the Command Prompt.

Once you have completed this shut down the computer and do not power the drive back on until it has been installed with the different motherboard.

Note: You'll want to install the new motherboard chipset drivers for the new motherboard after moving the drive.

When the computer is started Windows will search for the needed drivers needed to start Windows.

Your second problem is that a OEM version of Windows is for only one installation on one computer.  It cannot be reinstalled in another computer.  With a retail version you could remove the operating system from one computer and then install it on another computer.  This is one of the big differences between a retail version and a OEM version.  The bottom line... if you wish to use Windows 10 you will either have to purchase a product code or installation media which comes with the product code.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users