Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Clock_Watchdog_Timeout Windows 10 BSOD

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TGadgetM

TGadgetM

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 PM

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:26 PM

Hello, 

I have been experiencing regular BSOD's with the same error name. I believe it may be hardware based as I have added all new parts to my machine this year including: Samsung SSD, CPU and 4 gb of ram this year. The issues started in September but I've been putting off resolving it. Here are my specs: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/5J11eXyyvfEDNDVXE0Pp1ur

Please let me know if you need any more information. 

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,024 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:39 PM

We need more information about your system than what you've provided. Hence, please follow these BSOD posting instructions and attach the requested files by replying to this topic. You may skip the part of step three where it instructs you to create a new topic, since you already have a topic here. There's no need to create another topic. :wink:

Thank you.

Regards,
bwv848

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 TGadgetM

TGadgetM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:50 AM

Sorry about that not sure why the file didn't attach. I'll retry it when I get home. 

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,024 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:12 AM

OK, take your time. :)

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#5 TGadgetM

TGadgetM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:21 PM

Ah figured out what I did. I clicked choose file but never clicked the Attach this file button. I will do the suggested memtest and other diags tomorrow evening. 

Thanks!

Attached Files

#6 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,024 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:36 PM

OK, what were the results of the two tests? There are no dump files whatsoever in the uploaded reports, and I believe it is related to your page file settings. Have a look here. Having dumps will make the situation easier to diagnose.

Your BIOS is four years old, and there is likely a newer version out there. Hence, please update it to rule out any compatibility issues, and while you're at that, also ensure Windows is fully updated to rule out the small chance of an OS bug AND also make sure your SSD firmware is up-to-date... this is sometimes the cause of weird issues.

If you've just upgraded your parts recently, there's a greater chance (as you said) that the BSODs are hardware related, hence I suggest you run these hardware diagnostics (skip the RAM + HDD tests since you've run them already).

#7 TGadgetM

TGadgetM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:02 PM

Haven't had time unfortunately but will do so Tuesday. Thats really weird about the page file settings. All my settings look correct. I'll check immediately next time I get a BSOD to see if it creates. 

I don't believe I have a new BIOS update, the last one they made to be compatible with windows 10 was from 2013. https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-970A-D3-rev-10-11#support-dl. Windows is up to date though and samsung magician says my ssd firmware is up to date. 

I'll plan on running all the hardware diagnostics Tuesday evening and will post the results. 

Thanks!

#8 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,024 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:05 PM

You're welcome! take your time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users