Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iVMS-4200 storage server can not see HDD

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GKL1520

GKL1520

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:28 AM

First let me say that I can manually record to my HDD with the iVMS-4200 client software both still pictures as well as video, but when I try to set things up for auto record during motion detect it won't record even though it does indicate it detects motion.

I read where you have to set up the iVMS-4200 storage server and "format" (set aside) space on your HDD for that to work, but when I add the storage server, and go to "remote configuration" and then click on Storage->General, to select the HDD, it does not list any HDD at all.

I have searched the web for help but have not yet found any solution as to why my HDD is not showing up there.

Any and all ideas of what to check is appreciated !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:48 AM

http://www.hikvision.com/us/faq_81.html

Louis

#3 GKL1520

GKL1520
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:12 PM

Thank you Louis, your help is appreciated !

I checked the list at http://www.hikvision.com/ueditor/net/upload/2015-02-13/97f72b35-8a7f-4c10-b213-2456e3eb1834.pdf

and it doesn't list many HDDs for Toshiba, including not listing my Toshiba MQ01ABF050

So does that automatically mean the iVMS-4200 storage server can't be used with my computer ?

If so, it just seems strange that the iVMS-4200 client will let me manually record to my hard drive, but not automatically with motion detect, I'm not very knowledgeable on this type of software but you would think if it can see my HDD to record manually then why not automatically ?

Gary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users