Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to convert .mbox files into .pst on Mac?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SammySamson

SammySamson

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:47 AM

How can I convert .mbox files from mac mail to .pst files to import them into Outlook 2016 for Windows PC?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 09 December 2017 - 01:07 PM

There is no straightforward way to do this. You would have to use a third-party software tool, like this one:

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/How-To-Convert-MBOX-To-PST-81cd3a4f

#3 KennethCoblentz

KennethCoblentz

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:07 PM

The only way I have been able to get Apple MBOX files to Outlook on Windows was to use a conversion tool. 

http://applemailtopst.com/ that I have used previously and it worked perfectly. The price is quite reasonable at $39 and they offer you the ability to preview the conversion to ensure it will work for free and this application also allows you to convert apple mail files directly from apple mail on mac. 

However, please note that the last time I used this was for a 2013 conversion. Since then I personally, and advise my clients, friends, and family to use a cloud based email solution (like O365 with hosted Exchange) so you avoid this problem in the future.

#4 SammySamson

SammySamson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:26 PM

The only way I have been able to get Apple MBOX files to Outlook on Windows was to use a conversion tool. 

http://applemailtopst.com/ that I have used previously and it worked perfectly. The price is quite reasonable at $39 and they offer you the ability to preview the conversion to ensure it will work for free and this application also allows you to convert apple mail files directly from apple mail on mac. 

However, please note that the last time I used this was for a 2013 conversion. Since then I personally, and advise my clients, friends, and family to use a cloud based email solution (like O365 with hosted Exchange) so you avoid this problem in the future.

Thanks for the solution, I am using Apple Mail to PST Converter to convert my apple mail email database to Outlook 2016 for windows format. This application works great.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users