Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disk space randomly completely full

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 superlief

superlief

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:25 PM

Hi there!

I updated Destiny 2 when I had over a TB of free space on my hdd and ssd combined. After the update a notification popped up and it showed both my disks were full as seen here. I've checked both drives and the files and folders in them won't even come close to being full. My D: drive only has a couple of folders and all files sit around 5gb together. I've tried all easy fixes like defragmenting and all that kind of stuff. Does anyone know what this bug/problem is and how to fix it? Any help will be greatly appriciated <3

Have a nice day!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:16 AM

windows 7?

check your c:\windows\temp folder.  If you have a bunch of CAB_xxxxx_x files that are over 100mb then you need:

1. goto C:\windows\logs\cbs folder and move all the files to a new folder somewhere else.  if you can't move you'll need to go into services.msc and stop service windows module installer.

2. go back to the windows temp folder and Delete all files

3. reboot computer.

check it in a couple days and see if your cab files are coming back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users