Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse turns into Autoclicker

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ClickityClick

ClickityClick

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:42 PM

It seems that every time that I leave my computer so that it locks and then I have to reenter my password, I find that when I come back my mouse starts to act like an autoclicker. When I put my mouse over certain options, it'll look as if I'm clicking very quickly, and thus some applications will attempt to open multiple times if I click on one of them. Otherwise, if I put my mouse over the options like in the start menu, as soon as I go over something like shut down without clicking, it looks like it clicks on it for me, as shown in the video here:  I currently have a logitech mouse, which I just changed to a week ago, and have found that this problem has persisted through my previous Razer mouse, but did not always occur every time I left my computer so that it locked, only now it appears that it happens every single time now. Any help is greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 783 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:53 PM

unplug the mouse, or pull battery. then plug back it back in. if that don't work replace the mouse

#3 ClickityClick

ClickityClick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:55 PM

unplug the mouse, or pull battery. then plug back it back in. if that don't work replace the mouse

I already replaced my razer mouse with the logitech mouse, and the problem persisted throughout both mice.

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:53 PM

Just a hunch you have a driver issue, I know this is a bit of a pain but I would delete the mouse drivers.  Then you will need to "tab" your way and shut down, windows will replace the driver with the generic window driver when you boot back up.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users