Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help My Windows XP is full of Malware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nun4U

Nun4U

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:42 PM

Hello, I am in desperate need of getting My computer to work again. I have to be in sleep mode to be able to get onto My computer. Somebody else was using it and now I get the BS of it.

I still have Windows XP which is also Vista capable. I also still have Google Chrome.

I can't seem to update anything. I just went through 1 full year of non stop viruses and malware on My computer after paying BitDefender for the 2017 version protection but then all of a sudden I had to only have the 2015 version which was the Virus in itself. I told Them but They said it was all They can do as I can't upgrade windows.

How do I upgrade to a new windows that will work without Me putting all of My pics music etc onto another computer or whatever. I do not want to do that, & I still want all My Pics etc. I have now after downloading another Windows or does it even work that way?

I also like to know is REIMAGE safe?  and could They upgrade My windows without Me loosing My pics etc? 

I do not know computer language at all, only to go to websites and do whatever there and that's it. 

I do not want to manually go through it all the BS..  Most pages don't even open to allow Me 2 change settings I need to do. I only have a few days left of the free 3 month version of Bull dog and need to take action asap. so that I can have a working windows I can use protected.

It's way too many days of non stop BS I can't even make an order all week I need to make medically even. The malware is not leaving My computer 3 days this time and 2 the last time a day B4 that even and so forth all along.  My Comp is totally Beeped.

Thanks a bunch.

Edited by hamluis, 05 December 2017 - 05:53 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:19 PM

I just realized this is in the "Am I Infected" Section, though this all still applies.  Otherwise, someone here may help you with this, I'm not sure.  Some folks may not want to bother fixing an already broken Unsupported Windows XP, I don't know.

I think someone like you will need assistance to accomplish the move off XP and onto another platform, whether that is Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10.  Windows XP AND Vista are no Longer supported, and I would not do any actual work, banking, or any online purchasing on them.  There really isn't a simple way to Re-Install an Operating System and Save all your files at the same time.  Even the Pro's will backup all files before an operation like this.

From what you've stated here though, I think you should find someone local that can handle all of this for you.  At the least, you should get yourself a USB Flash Drive that will hold all your files, and transfer them to it.  Then, it may be better just to buy a used computer with a Supported Operating System already on it and transfer you files back to the new computer.  Some Repair shops will have used computers that have been checked out to be in good working order.

I want to leave you with an article to read, and ask you to leave us with the "Model Number" of your pc (and Not the Serial Number) so that we can determine if it is worth trying to install a newer Operating System on, if you are determined to do that.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14223/windows-xp-end-of-support 

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users