Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

screen goes black after 1-2 hours

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 andgarrett

andgarrett

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:28 PM

my friends monitor screen goes blank after 1-2 hours of use. I traded monitors with him and they both work perfectly, his monitor with my system and my monitor with his system. it only happens when he is using his monitor with his system. both systems run windows 10 and were built by me. my system is beefier than his.

his monitor: Samsung 24" CF390 Curved LED Monitor   model code: lc24f390fhnxza

Screen Size   23.5"                                               Display Type  VA

Resolution  1920 x 1080                                       Aspect Ratio  16:9
Brightness   250cd/m2                                          Static Contrast Ratio   3,000:1
Power Supply Type     AC 100~240V                    Power Consumption (Typical)     Max 25W
Power Consumption (Stand-by)  Less than 0.3W Max Stand By Power (DPMS)        Less than 0.3W
HDMI input     Yes                                                 Mac Compatible    Yes

Windows Compatible    Yes                                  Samsung MagicBright   Yes
Samsung MagicUpscale     Yes

my monitor: Acer S1   Version s271hl Dbid

his computer:

mobo: GIGABYTE GA-H110M-A (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151 Intel H110 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

memory: Ballistix Elite 4GB Single DDR4 3000 MT/s (PC4-24000) DIMM 288-Pin Memory - BLE4G4D30AEEA

power supply: EVGA 500 B1 100-B1-0500-KR 80+ BRONZE 500W Includes FREE Power On Self Tester Power Supply

HDD: Seagate 500GB 5900 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" (ST3500414CS) Internal Hard Drive

GPU: XFX Radeon RX 480 DirectX 12 RX-480M4BFA6 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 CrossFireX Support Video Card

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version    10.0.16299 Build 16299
System Manufacturer    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model    H110M-A
System Type    x64-based PC
System SKU    Default string
Processor    Intel® Celeron® CPU G3930 @ 2.90GHz, 2900 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date    American Megatrends Inc. F20, 11/8/2016
SMBIOS Version    3.0
Embedded Controller Version    255.255
BIOS Mode    UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
BaseBoard Model    Not Available
BaseBoard Name    Base Board
Platform Role    Desktop
Secure Boot State    Off
PCR7 Configuration    Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory    C:\WINDOWS
System Directory    C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device    \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale    United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer    Version = "10.0.16299.98"
User Name    DESKTOP-EK8NPU5\Terry
Time Zone    Eastern Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory    7.95 GB
Available Physical Memory    4.95 GB
Total Virtual Memory    9.20 GB
Available Virtual Memory    4.85 GB
Page File Space    1.25 GB
Page File    C:\pagefile.sys
Device Encryption Support    Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not InstantGo, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions    Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions    Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware    Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection    Yes

Edited by andgarrett, 05 December 2017 - 03:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 841 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 05 December 2017 - 01:28 PM

samsung's website has windows drivers for that monitor, I would download them and install them and see if that fixes his problem.

#3 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 05 December 2017 - 03:59 PM

Is there a monitor shut down period?

If not in the OS then on the monitor itself?

Highly doubt its driver related.

Edited by MadmanRB, 05 December 2017 - 04:00 PM.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

xu847p-6.png

#4 andgarrett

andgarrett
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 05 December 2017 - 04:31 PM

samsung's website has windows drivers for that monitor, I would download them and install them and see if that fixes his problem.

I didn't know that monitors had drivers. I installed the drivers and it didn't seem to make a difference. thank you for the help though :)

Is there a monitor shut down period?

If not in the OS then on the monitor itself?

Highly doubt its driver related.

the monitor just suddenly goes blank. the monitor seems to be working fine, it's just no longer receiving a signal from the computer through the hdmi cable. we've tried different hdmi cables, but that doesn't fix it. the monitor only has hdmi and vga, and the GPU has hdmi and dvi, so trying a different connection isn't an option.

it genuinely seems like the GPU stops sending signals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users