Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HTML:Phishing-VJ[Phish] malware

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,423 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:43 PM

Can anybody supply any information about this ?

So far both my Windows desktop, running Win 7, and my wife's laptop running Win 8.1, have had AOL emails completely blocked by our A/V - Avast free - it just will not let us even access the AOL mail page. Since, for historical reasons, we both use AOL as our primary email system this is something of an inconvenience, to put it mildly.

Avast lists a number of variants of this malware on its update contents page. I have run an Avast scan on my wife's laptop as well as Malwarebytes and Super Antispyware and come up clean on all of them.

This is more of a nuisance than critical. My desktop dual boots with Linux Mint 18.2 and after a wearing weekend fixing a completely broken Linux installation - which for much of the time cost me access to Windows ! - and then another half-day getting its wifi to work I can access AOL via Linux. As for my wife she is going to get a rapid lesson in Linux tomorrow AM since I have two dual-booting laptops !  Thank God for an alternative OS !

If this is still going on come Wednesday morning I will attack her laptop with determination !  But if anybody knows anything about this malware I would be grateful for some information.

Chris Cosgrove

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users