Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Not Working in Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 KnockedOut

KnockedOut

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:06 PM

Hello,

I am having a problem with my audio drivers ( No Audio Output Device is installed ) and the code 13 when I open up my device manager and head over to the audio driver's section and right click Conexant SmartAudio HD then properties I get this error : Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19). I have an Asus gl552vx with gtx 950m, 12gb of ram, Intel Icore i7-6700HQ (2.59GHz), with windows 10 64 bit. When I ran troubleshooter for sound problems and restarted my pc the speaker icon was gone. Look at the screenshots below for more details.

Please help me solve this problem 

Thank you,
Knocked Out.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 04 December 2017 - 02:39 PM

Make sure the Audio Service is started and on Automatic.

Right Click your Conexant in Device Manager and select Update Driver.

If Update driver does not work you can download the Conexant Smart Audio HD driver from the Microsoft Update Catalog. 

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/ScopedViewInline.aspx?updateid=62177452-e1ad-4e6f-b13d-16b9b11d3542

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=conexant%20

Edited by JohnC_21, 04 December 2017 - 02:42 PM.

#3 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:48 PM

you an also get this error if you audio cable plugging into the computer is not plugged in all the way.  audio cards can detect speakers actually plugged in and if it doesn't detect them then It will give you that error.

#4 KnockedOut

KnockedOut
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:32 PM

you an also get this error if you audio cable plugging into the computer is not plugged in all the way.  audio cards can detect speakers actually plugged in and if it doesn't detect them then It will give you that error.

It is plugged all the way in. Even with headphones, I get this error.

#5 KnockedOut

KnockedOut
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:15 AM

Hello there!

I fixed the problem after multiple failed attempts. All you needed to do was to uninstall the driver from Device Manager ( Also uninstall other drivers related to that driver ), restart your pc, run troubleshooter and plug your headphones/speakers in and your good to go ( You don't have to plug them in ) :) Thank you, everyone, for your support.

Peace,

Knocked Out.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:31 AM

Nice troubleshooting. Thanks for taking the time to post the solution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users