Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'm sharing my network with other computer?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ceult

Ceult

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:40 AM

I made a topic about this and at first I think my computer is virused, but it seems that my computer is clean, the problem is someone is connecting remote to my computer: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/664126/pc-infected-but-antivirus-does-not-detect-anything/

As I said I scanned my computer so there are not any viruses, I have remote desktop disabled in Windows but it still be remote controlled. Any help? I made a screenshot to see that a computer is connected to my network.

https://postimg.org/image/worhe8sqp/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Replicator

Replicator

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 AM

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:50 AM

Is your networks router secured with WPA2?

Open a browser and go to the routers interface, then change the SSID and password for it.

Also, if its a standard ISP supplied router/modem, change its login details from the default within the browser interface!

#3 Ceult

Ceult
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:19 PM

Hey, thank you for reply.

My internet cable is connected directly to the network board, so I don't have a router.

I'm connected with a PPPoE connection, and i'm wondering if someone can find out my username and pass and log in with it? Sometimes when i'm trying to log in it says that log in details are wrong, that means someone is using my internet account? 

I tried that with browser login but says an error.

I'm thinking to change that PPPoE connection details if I can, can it resolve something?

Edited by Ceult, 08 December 2017 - 08:20 PM.

#4 Replicator

Replicator

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 AM

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:17 AM

OK, so your part of a larger, admin controlled Ethernet network.

They no doubt have you on a static IP related to your account details.........contact the admin and have him change your login credentials relative to your IP.

Tell him what you suspect. :thumbup2:

Edited by Replicator, 10 December 2017 - 03:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users