Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PSU, Motherboard, CPU.. gets warm but not really HOT.. :O

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Tree Hugger

• Members
  • 29,470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:13 PM

The mouse and keyboard need to be left plugged in.

The scan usually takes 10-15 minutes to complete, but this depends on the size of the ssd/hdd.

You don't need to reinstall the operating system unless this is the only option left.

If you wait too long and don't have all of your important data backed up you could lose your data.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#32 Doghen

Doghen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:21 AM

The mouse and keyboard need to be left plugged in.

The scan usually takes 10-15 minutes to complete, but this depends on the size of the ssd/hdd.

You don't need to reinstall the operating system unless this is the only option left.

If you wait too long and don't have all of your important data backed up you could lose your data.

I don't have important Data on my W10 Machine's, just use it for Work and daily-internet usage.. 

and should i only reinstall W10 when the OS can't start properly anymore, or something is changed by a Virus?

and can Low-format kills a hard drivers sectors or other things in a Hard drive? 

and i dont know why i always reinstall W10 every Month :( and do i need to do this scan? or can i just leave it untill my Hard drive ones a day fails?

Edited by Doghen, 08 December 2017 - 11:39 AM.

#33 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Tree Hugger

• Members
  • 29,470 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:51 AM

I don't have important Data on my W10 Machine's, just use it for Work and daily-internet usage.. 

1. should i only reinstall W10 when the OS can't start properly anymore, or something is changed by a Virus?

2.  can Low-format kills a hard drivers sectors or other things in a Hard drive? 

3. i dont know why i always reinstall W10 every Month :(

1. Troubleshooting should be practiced to determine what the problem is.  It could be something simple, or it could be something you aren't aware of.  If you can't discern if you need to reinstall the operating system you should definitely post your problems here at Bleeping Computer where you can get good advice.

2. You shouldn't format a partition which contains any aspect of the Windows installation.  If you format a partition you will lose the data that was previously there.

3. Quit reinstalling the operating system.  There are other options which can be run with in the process of running it will basically reinstall the operating system.   A good example would be to perform a Reset.  This will reinstall the operating system, it also has the option to save your personal files.  The downside is that a Reset will uninstall any third party programs you installed.  During this process a list of the programs being unistalled will be available.  I would suggest copying this so you have this list.

How to perform a Reset.

1. Press the Windows key OS4o0pO.png and the I key to open Settings. and the I key to open Settings.

2. Click/tap on Update & Security, then Recovery, then Get Started.

3. You will now have the option to Keep my files or Remove everything.  Click/tap on the option you want.

4. You will now receive the message Getting things ready, Windows will list the programs which you will need to reinstall.  You may find it beneficial to copy these programs for a reference later.  When the list of programs is shown click/tap on Next.

5. You will now receive the message Ready to reset this PC, select Reset.

The installation will continue without any need to make any other selections.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#34 Doghen

Doghen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:56 AM

Thanks!

i will update my 2 computers to the latest W10 update (Fall Creators Update) just lets hope this old pc can run the New update.. :/ because i have sometimes 'Errors' and then the Update fails.. but i will stay tuned! when this happens again on my 2 Computers i will ask for help on Bleeping Computer! :D

Cheers!

Edited by hamluis, Yesterday, 09:23 AM.

#35 Doghen

Doghen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:00 PM

Hey there people that helped me out! i've found an setting in the BIOS to change the PSU-FAN to a higher value.. whats a good RPM for PSU? Cheers, if you want extra details of the PSU (fan setting or name in bios) please say to me, and i'll have installed the FCU update on my oldest computer and W10 automatically updated my Drivers for Intel HD, Motherboard and other Components.. :D and FCU brings me some lagg, errors but that will hopely been fixed by MS asap.. (because many people have these bugs, errors, laggy things with FCU update on W10) !! i'll hope you can help me out with the PSU-fan controll setting? :D

Cheers!

#36 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Tree Hugger

• Members
  • 29,470 posts
  •  

Posted Yesterday, 10:03 AM

You have posted enough information to be able to determine that those temperatures are not high enough to worry about.

I would like to leave you with some very good advice... "If it ain't broke... don't fix it".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users