Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sudden Norton ConnectSafe problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Benny563

Benny563

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 AM

Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:15 AM

I am using Windows 10 and starting a few days ago every time I open steam or other secured sites, this message appears: https://gyazo.com/6b7dc93478299ef75d3885cbb8271633 .When I press "view detailed report" it says that the site is "OK" and that there are 0 threats. I've already found (from another section of this forum) that it is not a PC virus.Starting a day ago, this message, including the new problem this causes (saying that my connection is not private and doesn't let me enter on the site or not loading the images no matter how long I wait) showed up even on my phone on the secured sites I usually visit. Most of these sites are loading slower than  normal and is getting annoying. My ISP is RCS-RDS.

My questions are: Is it some kind of normal problem? Did I create it and am I able to solve it(and if I can, how) or do I have to call my ISP to fix the problem(if it is a real problem)?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 toofarnorth

toofarnorth

• Members
  • 391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 AM

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:37 AM

Hello

The problem you are experiencing here is related to Nortons classification of the site.
Perhaps they have found some bad things on the page, but personally I think it is a false positive.

You could try to change the dns servers to eg OpenDNS's servers instead.
They too will offer some protection against bad places on the net.

Read more about it here:
https://www.opendns.com/setupguide/

Hth!

tfn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users