Problem: My WSUS updates are really old and I'm not sure what to do
Server: Windows SBS 2011 standard (using WSUS 3.2)
Network: Size: x4 Windows 8.1 PRO, x4 Windows 10 PRO
These are the steps which I have followed:
- Started up WSUS after 4 years of it not connecting to Microsoft
- Ran Synchronisation (it took a very long time)
- Approved some updates, declined others but really I made a mess
- On Sunday, I Decided to rather first update each of our client machines manually (via the internet, not WSUS)
- Then I created a WSUS GPO for all client machines and applied it successfully
- Then I reduced the number of Products & Classifications selected in Update Services
- I re-ran Synchronisation
- Finally I ran the Clean Up Wizard (all options checked)
- When I click on "All Updates" and filter by "Any Except Declined" I still see updates dating all the way back to 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- When I click "All Computers" many of the computers which are up to date when I logon to them, say they are still pending updates in WSUS... to me it appears things are out of sync
Can I go ahead and decline all updates which were released before Tuesday as all my machines are individually updated anyhow?
Would the "cleanest" thing to do be to rather just start a fresh. Clear out my WSUS database and start a new... in the hope that everything will be in sync?
Thanks in advance,
Edited by michellepace, 04 December 2017 - 08:06 AM.