Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Apps sometimes don't start when I start my laptop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ElectricYouth

ElectricYouth

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:05 AM

About once every 5 times, when I start my laptop, most of the icons/programs don't show up in the system tray and I can't open any programs, documents,

webbrowsers etc.., nor can I reboot the laptop, the only thing I can do is hold the power button to force a reboot.

First I posted this thread to find help:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/654856/csrbtproxydll-is-missing/

Then I posted this one:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/663327/apps-sometimes-dont-start-when-i-start-my-laptop/

We ran a lot of tests, but the problem could not be solved. They sent me to ask you guys.

Please let me know if I need to provide more information. There's also some information in those threads.

Could you please help me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Tree Hugger

• Members
  • 29,470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:43 AM

Please run a Refresh.

How to do a Windows 8.1 Refresh.

A Refresh basically will reinstall the operating system, this will not affect your personal files if you use the option to save them in the instructions.  The downside is that this will uninstall all of your third party programs you installed.  Windows 8.1 will place a list of removed apps on your desktop after refreshing your PC, I would suggest that you copy this list for a reference when you go to reinstall these programs.

Press the Windows key OS4o0pO.png  and the I key to open Settings.

In Settings click/tap on Recovery, click/tap on Refresh your PC without affecting your files, then Get Started.

You will see a page titled Refresh you PC, click/tap on Next.  On the next page click/tap on Refresh.

The computer may turn off and back on during this process, you don't need to do anything.  The scan will display a percentage of its completion.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users