Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer laptop charging issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sparksoffire

sparksoffire

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:36 AM

I have acer e5 573 laptop and I'm not exactly sure what the problem is so here's a gif of it.

https://imgur.com/a/otAzE

This was taken with the laptop sitting on a flat surface not moving the laptop or charger. I can kinda get it to charge by move the cable into a twisted position but this only works temporally.

I've used a different charger, replaced the battery, updated the bios, done a clean install of windows, replaced the power socket cable, reinstalled the battery drivers and pressed the battery reset button on the underside of the computer. So I have no clue as to what the problem is and how to solve it, any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:28 AM

I can kinda get it to charge by move the cable into a twisted position

It's a connection issue. Since you have replaced the charger and battery, the problem is internal in the lap.

replaced the power socket cable

The usual culprit is a bad socket/cable.  I have replaced a number of these, and usually (not always) the new socket and cable come as a unit and you must re-attach the cable end back into the motherboard. If you have done this already, retrace it again and check for bad connections. Also...it is easy to miss a bad connection if the cable-end is soldered to a small circuit board which attaches/connects to the mainboard. OR sometimes the cable-end is soldered straight to the mainboard. Sometimes that solder connection gets a tiny crack in it that is difficult to spot. Have a bright light on the joint, and move the cable. If you see the joint flexing even slightly, that is your problem. Sometimes just a dab of solder will re-establish the integrity of the connection and you are out of the woods. While you have the laptop open, check for failed capacitors. Any that are bulging on the top or split open with electrolyte oozing out are bad, but it does not sound like that is the problem. 

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users