Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Like button

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Harry121

Harry121

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2017 - 04:16 PM

What are the chances of getting a like button for the forums? preferably one that can be element blocked easy using extension so it does not annoy the people who not fan of it.  I know I am new to most here and will seem like that guy who wants  things changed  so anyone who has been here a while or just anyone who would want this? and post if its something you dont want to see also just so we know who if its wanted or not.

Any thoughts? I am easy but would prefer having it over not. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,272 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 03 December 2017 - 04:51 PM

What...would be the purpose of such...on this website?

How would that assist persons who are reading/browsing/participating in the various forums?

Louis

#3 PerspectiveObjective

PerspectiveObjective

• Members
  • 350 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:55 PM

Could see it in the GAMES!!!!!!! area yet, and I'm no expert but -- probably not good if it adds lag or is hard on systems/servers. Everything seems to run nice and fast right now.

Plus, the time to fire it up/implement, is it worth it?

Edited by PerspectiveObjective, 06 December 2017 - 06:56 PM.

Oh those are really nice, where`d you get them done at? YOUR NAILS SILLY! Banter/Wit is a primary member requirement to colossal project solution.  Not to toot my horn......          (                (        (       (     :trumpet: but, who else will!? teeehehehehehheeee!~~~8 : P Additionally::: "Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoga

#4 PerspectiveObjective

PerspectiveObjective

• Members
  • 350 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:53 PM

Also, but of more importance, nothing paramount, but how many people have stopped in and looked this over, so , while you're working on the like button, how about adding view count to the top instead of the canned """ Started by Harry121, Dec 03 2017 04:16 PM """  I mean that's fine, naturally but view count somewhere in there would make this site one of the best.

-- Alrighty, Peace and may the force be with you. Thanks in advance ta-taH!

Ah this is the one I was thinking of::::

Kind regards,  So much thanks for your fine concern.

Oh and you can borrow that, free on the hummingbird house!

Edited by PerspectiveObjective, 08 December 2017 - 07:02 PM.

Oh those are really nice, where`d you get them done at? YOUR NAILS SILLY! Banter/Wit is a primary member requirement to colossal project solution.  Not to toot my horn......          (                (        (       (     :trumpet: but, who else will!? teeehehehehehheeee!~~~8 : P Additionally::: "Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoga

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,005 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:17 PM

@PerspectiveObjective #4

But before you open a topic, when you are in the list of forum topics, you have the number of posts and the number of views beside the name and avatar of whoever posted last in each topic.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#6 C0bra

C0bra

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 AM

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:18 PM

What...would be the purpose of such...on this website?

How would that assist persons who are reading/browsing/participating in the various forums?

Louis

I assume he means a Like button so that a tally of "Likes" can accumulate on ones profile. Indicating how helpful this user traditionally is in past threads. I like the idea, it does promote good answers, since there's a "scoreboard" of sorts involving answers good enough for a "Like".

nIDwkQT.gif

| IT Service Technician | A+ | Network+ | Gamer | iPhone Expert |

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,743 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 PM

Posted 05 February 2018 - 02:16 PM

We had something akin to a like button early in the BC timeline. It turned into a game and created factions within the community. It totally obfuscated the intent of the of the mechanism. Therefore it was discontinued. I don't see a 'like button' being implemented again.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#8 C0bra

C0bra

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 AM

Posted 05 February 2018 - 02:33 PM

We had something akin to a like button early in the BC timeline. It turned into a game and created factions within the community. It totally obfuscated the intent of the of the mechanism. Therefore it was discontinued. I don't see a 'like button' being implemented again.

I can see that. If it could be coded in such a way that only the Topic Starter could give a like to people replying it might work better. Oh well! Thanks for clearing it up!

nIDwkQT.gif

| IT Service Technician | A+ | Network+ | Gamer | iPhone Expert |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users