Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hey Everyone

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MikeJohnson

MikeJohnson

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 03 December 2017 - 03:11 PM

I'm a Linux user and I have been running multiple linux distros on my Dell Latitude laptop. I think now its aging so I am looking for a new laptop for myself. Of-course for running linux. I hope this forum will help me in finding the right machine.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Harry121

Harry121

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2017 - 03:35 PM

Hi mate welcome and you came to the right place, is nice here and has people who know whats what so enjoy.

As for a laptop first off give me your budget and games or for everyday use? and what are your current laptop specs? I just made big post over at other forum for guy who hasd £400 so could copy paste it but would need to be nice and compatible with linux as dont know what level of linux your upto so depends on that also so you can get it all installed and working right.  You a command line master or GUI guy and how much do you know about the ins and outs of linux?  Last thing what distro you planning on using initially?

I was into Linux for long time and had could get most things running on it but fell away from it when I started using windows 10 and power shell.

Let me know bit more and can say what i think would be good for you and am sure others will be posting to say with their recommendations. :)

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,924 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 03 December 2017 - 07:19 PM

First things first - welcome to BC !

Next, this section is solely for introducing yourself and not raising other matters or indeed for offering solutions. As you are seeking advice on buying a new - or newer - computer primarily to run Linux on then I suggest you start a topic in either the section 'Questions and advice for buying a new computer' or in the Linux section.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/171/questions-and-advice-for-buying-a-new-computer/

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/11/linux-unix/

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users