Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

antiX-17 “Heather Heyer”

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:40 AM

antix-17 "Heather Heyer"

https://antixlinux.com/download/

https://www.antixforum.com/

For anyone interested for something different and willing to learn the slight learning curve that comes with all good things.

Uses Firefox ESR 52.5.0

That should make some happy who despise Firefox 57.

I like and I use it right OOTB works very well without any issues on the desktop listed in my signature.

Worth a look imo.

Toolman :wink:

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.

(Mark Twain)

Inspiration can be found in a pile of junk. Sometimes, you can put it together with a good imagination and invent something.

(Thomas Edison)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mike_Walsh

Mike_Walsh

Bleepin' 'Puppy' nut..!!

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:00 PM

Hi, The-Toolman.

A quick question for ya, mate. You've run Anti-X for longer than I have; how easy is it to perform an upgrade.....say, from 16.1? Or is it quicker to simply do a re-install?

I'm only asking because I've got 16.1 set up just how I want it. I don't really want to have to start from scratch all over again..!

Mike. :wink:

Distros:- Multiple 'Puppies'..... and Anti-X 16.1

My Puppy BLOG ~~~  My Puppy PACKAGES

Compaq Presario SR1916UK; Athlon64 X2 3800+, 3 GB RAM, WD 500GB Caviar 'Blue', 32GB Kingspec PATA SSD, Seagate 'Expansion' 3 TB  USB 3.0 external HDD, ATI Radeon Xpress 200 graphics, Dell 15.1" pNp monitor (1024 x 768), TP-Link PCI-e USB 3.0 card, Belkin PCI USB 2.0 4-port card, self-powered 7-port USB 2.0 hub

Dell Inspiron 1100; 2.6 GHz P4, 1.5 GB DDR1, 64GB KingSpec IDE SSD, Intel 'Extreme' graphics, 1 TB Seagate 'Expansion' external storage, HP HD2300 webcam.

KXhaWqy.gifFQ8nrJ3.gif

#3 The-Toolman

The-Toolman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:03 PM

Hey Mike,

I usually just do a new install as antix upgrades for me were a problematic PITA I believe you have to change the repositories.

I know as long as Debian keeps the support on the updates then you can keep using the antix 16.1 version you have.

There is a guy named rokytnji on the antix forum and he uses antix versions forever by just upgrading to different repositories.

I don't like upgrades so I stay away from them just too many things that may not work as installing a new OS onto an existing one just seems like bad luck.

Toolman  :)

(Mark Twain)

Inspiration can be found in a pile of junk. Sometimes, you can put it together with a good imagination and invent something.

(Thomas Edison)

#4 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:01 PM

There is a guy named rokytnji on the antix forum

I know Roky hes a cool guy, loves his Harley's.

Edited by NickAu, 05 December 2017 - 11:04 PM.

#5 Mike_Walsh

Mike_Walsh

Bleepin' 'Puppy' nut..!!

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:25 AM

Roky and I go back at least 3 1/2-4 years now. He's a good lad; always ready to help out.....and an absolute mine of information. And, er, yes; he does love his Harley Ds..!

I might drop him a line over at LinuxQuestions.org.

Mike.  :wink:

Distros:- Multiple 'Puppies'..... and Anti-X 16.1

My Puppy BLOG ~~~  My Puppy PACKAGES

Compaq Presario SR1916UK; Athlon64 X2 3800+, 3 GB RAM, WD 500GB Caviar 'Blue', 32GB Kingspec PATA SSD, Seagate 'Expansion' 3 TB  USB 3.0 external HDD, ATI Radeon Xpress 200 graphics, Dell 15.1" pNp monitor (1024 x 768), TP-Link PCI-e USB 3.0 card, Belkin PCI USB 2.0 4-port card, self-powered 7-port USB 2.0 hub

Dell Inspiron 1100; 2.6 GHz P4, 1.5 GB DDR1, 64GB KingSpec IDE SSD, Intel 'Extreme' graphics, 1 TB Seagate 'Expansion' external storage, HP HD2300 webcam.

KXhaWqy.gifFQ8nrJ3.gif

#6 The-Toolman

The-Toolman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:10 AM

Yep rokytnji is one of the good guys and he does love his Harley's and is always willing to help out as he is a wealth of knowledge. :thumbup2:

He is one of the cool moderators on the Antix forum and he would know how the upgrading protocol.

Myself being an OOTB Distro user it's easy to just install and use and my folders of importance are stored on several different media devices.

Toolman :)

(Mark Twain)

(Thomas Edison)

#7 The-Toolman

The-Toolman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:26 PM

Hey Mike,

I ran across this in the Antix forum about upgrading from one distro to another.

https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/can-antix-16-be-upgrade-to-antix17/

Hope this is helpful.

Toolman :)

(Mark Twain)

(Thomas Edison)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users